[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 05.05.06

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Thu May 11 05:17:21 EDT 2006

framework broadcasts live fridays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 8-9pm bst, and is repeated sundays from 7-8am bst

http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

next live broadcast:    12.05.06
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

this was our first regular edition of our new series, framework:afield.  this edition was produced in new york city by sound artist and curator ben owen.  his show features a live performance from october, 2005, featuring a real-time mix of raw recordings by a collective of local phonographers.  for more information on ben and his work, see http://seasonalbk.net & http://benowen.org.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.   we are also hoping to have live performances as often as possible, so if you are in or passing through london please get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

05.05.06

this edition will be rebroadcast on sunday, 14.05.06, at 7am bst

Albert Casais
Composed of location recordings and improvisations with found objects(found at the location) made at Shark River in Neptune, New Jersey.
omnid at optonline.net

Richard Garet
The source was recorded from a dog camp on top of a glazier in alaska during summer 2005.
http://www.ruccas.org/index.php?Richard%20Garet

Bruce Tovsky
UNDERPASS [excerpt]
live mix of binaural recordings made of resonant spaces in and around the bridges and highways of DUMBO and Williamsburg in Brooklyn.
http://www.skeletonhome.com

Andy Hayleck
more info available soon direct from framework or ben owen
http://www.art-radio.net/radiotopia/artists.html

Ben Owen
bugs attracted to light, binaural recording in acra NY, and cicada's in Fushimi Inari Shrine, Kyoto Japan. 2005.
http://benowen.org

Seth Cluett
For the garden performance you will hear field recordings from sicily and calabria in southern italy.  the main sounds are a bell ringing inside a church, a group of women singing recorded from outside of a church, waves from the ionian sea recorded at foot level with a microphone on each leg, water drips from a 400 year old gutter in the town of Patti, and birds recorded through a bamboo fence in the palermo botanical garden.
http://www.onelonelypixel.org

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!