[Microsound-announce] [tube041] Sticking Drops - Meteo EP

test tube testtube at monocromatica.com
Fri May 5 18:57:57 EDT 2006

[tube041]
Sticking Drops
Meteo EP

«"Music happens somewhere else". I came up with that phrase when I
needed one for lezrod's myspace site and later found that somebody else
conceived it for an article on William Basinski and Richard Chartier's
self-titled on the german magazine DE:Bug. This phrase describes very
accurately the new release from Sticking Drops, a two people project
from Italy. "Meteo" is one of the most interesting releases I have heard
through 2006, and indeed happens somewhere else.
Lorenzo Tomio and Nicola Luchese managed to ellaborate an album where
darkness and detail result in an awesome sonic experience where time
runs in a creepy mode and space is merely a bizarre consequence of that.
This mixture of organic timbres and fragmented/chopped guitars creates a
constant tension that results in a very hypnotic and fascinating
experience; "Meteo" manages to keep the focus very intensely as the
structures work in a very narrative way, very storytelling and yet very
abstract.
Test Tube always releases pretty amazing material, but I have to say
this record was very special for me and I am very honoured and glad to
get to review it.
Indeed an album that stands out.»/ - David Velez

/http://www.monocromatica.com/netlabel/releases/tube041.htm
http://www.experiment.it/stickingdrops
--
*'| test tube* - a netlabel