[Microsound-announce] Conny's Studio

Rod Stasick rod at stasick.org
Mon May 1 18:46:44 EDT 2006

Hi folks!

I have nothing to do with this auction,
but I thought maybe some of the microsound
community may be interested.

Here is an auction where you can purchase a bit of history.
It is equipment from Conny Plank's studio.
If you are not aware of who he was:

"...During the 1970s Conny Plank produced and/or engineered many of
the most important recordings by significant German progressive/
experimental music acts (given the derogratory label krautrock by the
UK music press at the time), including Kraftwerk (Kraftwerk,
Kraftwerk 2, Ralf und Florian, Autobahn, and the precursor album Tone
Float), Neu! (all their recordings), Cluster, Harmonia, Ash Ra
Tempel, Holger Czukay (Can), and Guru Guru. His long association with
Dieter Moebius and Hans-Joachim Roedelius of Cluster began in 1970
and endured until his death..."

more bio info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conny_Plank

My understanding is that the money is to go
to medical expenses incurred by his widow.
I do not know what medical problem it is,
but, again, if you are interested in grabbing a
significant piece of history as well as helping a good cause,
then you should check out the pages of equipment here
(before Julian Cope buys it all! - hahahaha!):

http://www.connys-studio.de/

best to all,

Rod

---
Now playing: David Bowie - Yassassin (Turkish for: Long Live)