[Microsound-announce] RICHARD CHARTIER > 03.06 > news/event/release update...

richard chartier / LINE chartier at 3particles.com
Wed Mar 1 13:36:46 EST 2006

hello to you all...
sad to say i won't be performing in mexico city this weekend as the
OFFF-Mexico Festival has been cancelled : (

BUT i hope to see some of you at the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture
Garden for the collaborative performances on March 30.
(its the day after my birthday :)

be sure to check out the beautiful Sugimoto retrospective (at the
HIrshhorn) and the amazing DADA exhibit nearby at the National Gallery
of Art.

richard

- -  RECENT RELEASES  - -

BACK IN STOCK! CD . 3_components  [ Fusebox, US ]. last remaining
copies returned by gallery of this signed /numbered edition of 60
documenting the sound installation of the same name @ Fusebox gallery
in Washington, DC in 2002. these are the last few remaining copies of
this edition. available only through my website now. only a few left.

NOW AVAILABLE ON ITUNES . Spec. (with Taylor Deupree)  [ 12k ]  + Two
Locations   [ LINE ]

OUT NOW! CD . Retrieval 1-5  [ ERS, The Netherlands ]. 5 works that
were created at my artist residency at the Music Research Centre @ York
University, UK. based on soundfiles and loops of mine from 1990-1993.

OUT NOW!  LIMITED EDITION .  Opening Cocyxx  (by Evelyn Domnitch &
Dmitry Gelfand, sound by Richard Chartier) limited edition
chemi-luminescent artist box and 5.1 audio DVD. EDITION OF 10. created
for die Schachtel  [ Milan, Italy ] for the exhibit of the same name.
available by special order in November. http://www.die-schachtel.com

OUT NOW! LIMITED EDITION PRINT .  S is for ...  limited signed and
numbered edition of 10. created for the traveling photography exhibit
Early Fabricated in Australia. 11"x20" archival ink jet prints on
archival uncoated paper. http://www.3particles.com/print/sisfor.html

OUT NOW!  BOOK . "On the surface of silence: reticence in the music of
Richard Chartier" by Will Montgomery in BLOCKS OF CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE
UNBROKEN CONTINUUM. a really great indepth study of my work. Publisher:
Sound 323. Editors: Brian Marley+Mark Wastell. http://www.sound323.com

OUT NOW! LIMITED EDITION CD . Tracing  [ NVO. Austria ] limited
numbered edition of 300. December 2005  http://www.nonvisualobjects.com

a limited number of some of these & other releases are available via
the ONLINE STORE http://www.3particles.com/paypal

- - CURRENT EVENTS + FUTURE RELEASES, EVENTS, ETC - -

 > LIVE .   OFFF-MEX Festival  [ Mexico DF ]  March 4, 2006  FESTIVAL
CANCELLED

 > LIVE .   	Richard Chartier + Taylor Deupree (12k/LINE/Raster-noton)
		Specification.Fifteen

		LIVE PREMIERE @ Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden.
		A new live collaborative work commissioned by the Hirshhorn for the
occasion of the Hiroshi Sugimoto retrospective exhibit.
		Based on Sugimoto's Seascape photographic series. Two performances:
6pm & 7pm
		FREE . open to the public

		http://www.3particles.com
		http://hirshhorn.si.edu

 > LIVE .   Observatori (Chessmachine + solo) (date/venue to be
confirmed) [ Valencia, Spain ] May 2006

 > CD .   Specification.Fifteen (with Taylor Deupree) Live recording [
LINE, US ] May 2006

 > CD . Levels[Inverted]  [ LINE, US ] 2006. stereo documentation based
on the site-specific 6-channel installation of the same name exhibited
at 1515 Arts Building Oct 13-Nov 19, 2005.  May 2006

pushed back to AUGUST 2006  http://www.raster-noton.de

 > CD . "(sketch for) deletion" on Archiv2  compilation [ Raster-Noton.
Germany ] artists include: Alva.Noto, Byetone, Komet and others. 2006.
http://www.raster-noton.de

 > PROJECT .  Asmus Tietchens and I have begun working on our
collaboration entitled Fabrication.

 > CD . Subsequent Materials 2002-2005 [ LINE, US ]  Fall 2006.

 > CD . Placode [ n160, Japan ] This elaborately aluminum packaged cd
compilation curated by Nibo [ LINE/Raster-Noton] will contain the piece
"retrieval#3(for placodes). artists on this compilation: Carsten
Nicolai, Christophe Charles, Frank Bretschneider, Nibo, Byetone,
Richard Chartier, Sachiko.M, Sogar, Steve Roden, Taylor Deupree, and
Otomo Yoshihide. http://www.n160.com. delayed.... 2006?