[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 16.06.06

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Sun Jun 25 09:21:33 EDT 2006

framework broadcasts fridays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 8-9pm bst, and is repeated sundays from 7-8am bst

next broadcast:    30.06.06
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

i took the opportunity this week for some blatant self-promotion by featuring some sounds from my new release in collaboration with jonathan coleclough, husk - we heard an excerpt from the title track, as well as a section from a track on the limited bonus disc, wend.  this material has been several years in he making, and even features a piece constructed from our very first meeting, an improvised collaborative set performed live on-air on framework back in 2002...

we also heard new and old sounds from moljebka pvlse, joshua manchester & brian trump, frank niehusmann (from a series of short one-take field-recording improvisations entitled day tracks), eric la casa (in his previous syllyk guise) and one more track from the recent compositional material by emmanuel mieville, which we've been slowly making our way through these past few months.  next week we present our next edition of framework:afield, this time curated in cottonwood, az, by prolific phonographer and framework contributor jeph jerman.

also, an announcement:  starting in july (with the beginning of resonancefm's summer season), framework will be bidding a fond farewell to its long-held friday night slot for a bit of sunlight - our new slot will be on wednesday afternoons at 1pm, a little lunchtime relief for all you hard workers out there.  if the new hours don't suit you, fear not, for as you surely already know you can now listen the the latest edition of framework anytime in the week following broadcast from our website, or subscribe to receive the show as a podcast.  so no more excuses!  tune in, there might be a pop quiz!

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

23.06.06

this edition will be repeated on sunday, 02.07.06, at 7am bst
or listen online until 01.07.06: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

artist  /  title  /  album  /  label

doris  allese  /  framework intro
continuing our series of intros recorded by local participants here in mooste, estonia...
devystar at hot.ee

coleclough & murmer  /  husk  /  husk  /  icr
wind, sand, a portuguese ferryboat and acoustic objects
http://www.minya98.freeserve.co.uk, http://www.murmerings.com, http://www.icrdistribution.com

moljebka pvlse  /  dvnkl  /  dvnkl  /  fifth week
breathing, airy fields and resonant spaces
http://www.moljebka.com, http://www.fifthweek.se

joshua manchester & brian trump  /  pastiche  /  climate change in the great lakes  /  -
collage of natural and manmade sounds from in and around lake michigan
http://www.joshuamanchester.com/ClimateChangeInTheGreatLakes.htm

frank niehusmann  /  2005-09-20  /  day tracks II  /  nurnichtnur
deep, rumbling, looping, generative found sound improvisation
http://www.niehusmann.org. http://nurnichtnur.com

ourobouros  /  syllyk  /  other-wise  /  digital narcis
untreated sound composition from eric la casa's prior moniker, from a split release with koji marutani
http://ascendre.free.fr, http://www.digitalnarcis.com/

frank niehusmann  /  2005-10-11  /  day tracks II  /  nurnichtnur
another improvised soundscape leads us into more electrical and mechanical territories
http://www.niehusmann.org. http://nurnichtnur.com

joshua manchester & brian trump  /  white water  /  climate change in the great lakes  /  -
untreated recording from lake michigan, part of a sound and light installation detailed on the site below
http://www.joshuamanchester.com/ClimateChangeInTheGreatLakes.htm

coleclough & murmer  /  wend  /  husk [bonus disc]  /  icr
sounds from the eurotunnel, a creaking dutch barn ruin, refrigeration and minimal feedback
http://www.minya98.freeserve.co.uk, http://www.murmerings.com, http://www.icrdistribution.com

emmanuel mieville  /  solis ortus  /  magnetic fields and shrouded organic flux  /  ctrlaltcanc
another piece of textural, organic composition from this french electro-acoustician
http://emieville.free.fr, http://www.ctrlaltcanc.tk

frank niehusmann    /  2005-10-13  /  day tracks II  /  nurnichtnur
and a final rattling, crunching one-take construction
http://www.niehusmann.org. http://nurnichtnur.com

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!