[Microsound-announce] RICHARD CHARTIER > 06.06 > news/event/release update...

richard chartier / LINE chartier at 3particles.com
Sun Jun 4 01:09:43 EDT 2006

hello all,

back from a two great times performing with pals matmos (both of our
first outdoor daytime performances) and evelina domnitch/dmitry gelfand
(a fascinating chemi-luminescent work) in san francisco and st louis.

and in two weeks off to SONAR in Barcelona, Spain for RICHARD CHARTIER
PLAYS LINE. I will be mixing music from the LINE label (past and
future) as well as music that has influenced both my work and the
curating of LINE. I hope to see many of you there (I know of a number
of you that will be there). and be sure to pick up the special free
limited edition LINE PROMO cd with selections from recent and upcoming
works! and of course say hello!

happy summer to you!
stay cool and apply sunscreen!

richard

- -  RECENT RELEASES  - -

OUT NOW! LIMITED EDITION PRINT .  S is for ...  limited signed and
numbered edition of 10. created for the traveling photography exhibit
Early Fabricated in Australia. 11"x20" archival ink jet prints on
archival uncoated paper. http://www.3particles.com/print/sisfor.html

OUT NOW! LIMITED EDITION CD . Tracing  [ NVO. Austria ] limited
numbered edition of 300. December 2005  http://www.nonvisualobjects.com

OUT NOW! LIMITED EDITION CD . Reflect What You Are...  [ 3particles08 ]
limited signed/numbered artist edition of 15. this very limited edition
was created on the occasion of the Washington DC Art Center's (DCAC)
Andy Warhol Foundation Grant Event/Exhibit/Happening/Fundraiser on
April 1, 2006. This 15 minute (of course) work is created solely from a
recording of Andy Warhol's voice saying "the same thing over again" and
the final note of "I'll be your Mirror" by The Velvet Underground.
packaged in an oversized vellum and archival paper package 6"x8" on a
black cdr. a few are still available online.

there are a few releases/editions of mine that are going to be out of
print very soon, get them before they are gone forever:

ONLY 3 LEFT! LIMITED EDITION PRINT .  Mono.poly.chr  [ LINE, US ]
limited signed/numbered edition of 100.  FORMAT: 5 INK OFFSET PRINT ON
ARCHIVAL PAPER/  SIZE: 12" x 12" (30.5cm x 30.5cm) 2002 (LINE_ED01).
http://www.3particles.com/print/monopolychr.html

ONLY 5 LEFT! LIMITED EDITION CD . Direct.incidental.consequential  [
3particles, US ] limited edition of 500. Debut full length CD from
1998, digitally reconstructed from original files and remastered with
two previously unreleased works from the period. out-of-print since
1999. 71 minutes..

ONLY 3 LEFT! CD . 3_components  [ Fusebox, US ]. last remaining copies
returned by gallery of this signed /numbered edition of 60 documenting
the sound installation of the same name @ Fusebox gallery in
Washington, DC in 2002. these are the last few remaining copies of this
edition. available only through my website now. only 3 left.

a limited number of some of these & other releases are available via
the ONLINE STORE http://www.3particles.com/paypal

- - CURRENT EVENTS + FUTURE RELEASES, EVENTS, ETC - -

 > CD .   Specification.Fifteen (with Taylor Deupree) Live recording [
LINE, US ] June 2006

 > CD . Levels[Inverted]  [ LINE, US ] 2006. stereo documentation based
on the site-specific 6-channel installation of the same name exhibited
at 1515 Arts Building Oct 13-Nov 19, 2005.  signed and numbered edition
of 200. June 2006

15, 2006  http://www.sonar.es

http://www.raster-noton.de THIS CD WILL BE OUT FOR SONAR.

 > CD . "of surfaces(variance)" on The Limits of Silence  curated by
David Toop [ Sonar, Spain ] THIS CD WILL BE OUT FOR SONAR.

 > LIVE . Bleeding Edge Festival  @ Montalvo Arts Center [ San Jose, CA
]   August 13, 2006. with Sunroof!, ISIS, Richard Chartier, Tim Hecker,
Skoltz_Kolgen, Frank Bretschneider, Portable, and Frivolous and more.
http://www.villamontalvo.org

 > DVD . Camera Lucida [ LINE, US ]  Fall 2006. sound works inspired by
the pioneering chemi-luminescent installation "Camera Lucida" by Evelyn
Domnitch & Dmitry Gelfand with works by Carter Tutti (Chris & Cosey),
Taylor Deupree+Richard Chartier, Asmus Tietchens, Evelyn Domnitch &
Dmitry Gelfand, COH, Matmos,
Kenneth Kirschner, Carsten Nicolai, and Alku connected to hi resolution
digital footage of the machine itself. for more information about the
installation: http://www.portablepalace.com

 > CD .  Fabrication. collaboration with Asmus Tietchens. currently
mixing this release.... label TBA.

 > CD . "(sketch for) deletion" on Archiv2  compilation [ Raster-Noton.
Germany ] artists include: Alva.Noto, Byetone, Komet and others. 2006.
http://www.raster-noton.de

 > CD . Subsequent Materials 2002-2005 [ LINE, US ]  Winter 2006/2007.

 > CD . Placode [ n160, Japan ] This elaborately aluminum packaged cd
compilation curated by Nibo [ LINE/Raster-Noton] will contain the piece
"retrieval#3(for placodes). artists on this compilation: Carsten
Nicolai, Christophe Charles, Frank Bretschneider, Nibo, Byetone,
Richard Chartier, Sachiko.M, Sogar, Steve Roden, Taylor Deupree, and
Otomo Yoshihide. http://www.n160.com. honestly...who knows when its
ever going to come out?