[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 12.07.06 & 19.07.06

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Mon Jul 24 08:40:54 EDT 2006

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm bst

next broadcast:    26.07.06
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

two editions again to report on this playlist - the 12th of july was an edition of framework:afield curated in portland, oregon by seth nehil.  featured were many new and unreleased works, some solo by seth, others in collaboration with artists such as matthew marble and jgrzinich (including a few extracts from their just-released album gyre on jason kahn's cut label - http://www.cut.fm).  no detailed tracklisting at the moment for this one - when i get it i will add it to the playlist archive on our website...

and on the 19th we aired our latest regular edition of framework, featuring many more sounds recorded during my extended stay here in mooste, estonia, as well as recent releases by spiracle, henrik andersson, eric cordier, several tracks from a recent collection of untreated field recordings from taiwan by yannick dauby (there is a second collection of free mp3s available for download here: http://www.editions-ere.net/projet106), and also an older release by bernhard gunter, as inspired by the work of one of our regular contributors, jeph jerman.

our next edition, coming up this wednesday, will be an edition of framework:afield produced in london, uk, by phil julian, of authorised version (http://www.a-version.co.uk).  the following week, the 2nd of august, which would normally be a regular edition of framework, will instead feature another edition of framework:afield, this one produced in minneapolis, minnesota by mike hallenbeck (http://www.juniorbirdman.com/sound).  we're airing this one a week early as programming has been suspended for the day on wednesday the 9th of august for a general technical overhaul of our london studios - so no framework on the 9th!  we'll be back on our normal schedule on the 16th of august with our next regular edition...

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

19.07.06

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

framework intro  /  marc behrens
recorded in frankfurt amidst the recent world cup football mania...
http://www.mbehrens.com

eric cordier  /  breizhiselad/ar barados  /  breizhiselad  /  erewhon
reworkings of extracts from an old 78rpm record of traditional breton music, mixed with local phonography
http://www.radiantslab.com/erewhon

murmer  /  mooste rain  /  -  /  -
an estonian rain shower accompanies eric composition
http://www.murmerings.com

yannick dauby  /  track 1  /  tw04-05  /  editions ere
a distant public address system and birds, untreated in taiwan
http://www.kalerne.net, http://www.editions-ere.net

murmer  /  kids with grass  /  -  /  -
some local children make their own field recordings
http://www.murmerings.com

spiracle  /  extract  /  ananta  /  mystery sea
long beautifully dense drifting track of tones and textures, made for sleeping
http://www.octpia.com/spiracle, http://wwwmysterysea.net

yannick dauby  /  track 8  /  tw04-05  /  editions ere
whistling wind, perhaps through a window in an echoey stairwell?
http://www.kalerne.net, http://www.editions-ere.net

murmer  /  gutter  /  -  /  -
the drainpipe on the moks arts center resonates in a heavy downpour
http://www.murmerings.com

yannick dauby  /  track 22
                          track 24  /  tw04-05  /  editions ere
2 tracks intertwine - an intense droning insect and a chanting whistling crowd
http://www.kalerne.net, http://www.editions-ere.net

murmer  /  dry reeds  /  -  /  -
minimal crackling of tall dried reeds blowing in  a light breeze
http://www.murmerings.com

yannick dauby  /  track 2  /  tw04-05  /  editions ere
crickets passed by some vocal young children
http://www.kalerne.net, http://www.editions-ere.net

henrik andersson  /  drinking swedish water in romania  /  to the happy few  /  firework editions
beautiful pitch manipulated singling-glass like harmonics accompany yannick's insects
tjabo.andersson at gmail.com, http://www.fireworkeditionrecords.com

yannick dauby  /  track 29  /  tw04-05  /  editions ere
another untreated taiwanese insect recording
http://www.kalerne.net, http://www.editions-ere.net

bernhard gunter  /  extract  /  buddha with the sun face/buddha with the moon face  /  trente oiseaux
minimal natural object composition inspired by the work of jeph jerman
http://www.trente-oiseaux.online.de, http://www.davidstanford.com/jerman

eric cordier  /  lieux de repos  /  breizhiselad  /  erewhon
reworkings of extracts from an old 78rpm record of traditional breton music, mixed with local phonography
http://www.radiantslab.com/erewhon

yannick dauby  /  track 5  /  tw04-05  /  editions ere
and another...
http://www.kalerne.net, http://www.editions-ere.net

henrik andersson  /  if it is not love then it is the bomb that will bring us together  /  to the happy few  /  firework editions
very minimal bass rumblings mingle with eric's gravelly footsteps
tjabo.andersson at gmail.com, http://www.fireworkeditionrecords.com

yannick dauby  /  track 12  /  tw04-05  /  editions ere
an echoey crowded space - perhaps a cafeteria or restaurant?
http://www.kalerne.net, http://www.editions-ere.net

henrik andersson  /  sms  /  to the happy few  /  firework editions
concrete poetry - an absurd robot read multi-language text message
tjabo.andersson at gmail.com, http://www.fireworkeditionrecords.com

yannick dauby  /  track 7
                          track 11  /  tw04-05  /  editions ere
2 final taiwanese nighttime soundscapes
http://www.kalerne.net, http://www.editions-ere.net

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!