[Microsound-announce] live minimal electronica in West Jerusalem - every friday afternoon (free)

hillel david greenwald sscabies at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 08:52:51 EDT 2006

Daila (Shlomtzion Hamalka 4, West Jerusalem, Israel)
hosts a live set & DJ every friday afternoon. there's
cheap beeer & coffee and we sell stuffed vegetables
from which the income goes to assist a family from
Issawiya who'd house has been demolished by the local
police.

(a summary of our activity until now:

2 weeks ago we hosted Lior Ashkenzy who'll soon
release his debut album on the anrchist netlabel
miklataklitim.com played 3 sounds starting from a
medidative loop that was graudally taken over by white
tv noises in the course of of 55 minutes, and DJ Ryzl,
member of the jerusalite digital improv band Dummy
Subject and free-jazz duo Musicmetica played modern
compositions & IDM

last week Yair Etziony (Mille Plateaux, Neo Ouija,
Spekk) played a beautiful live set of digtal clicky
dub and scabies played a DJ set of delicate glitch &
micro-house.)

NEXT WEEK (July 28th) we're hosting Tzalafei Tzion
("snipers of zion) a trio which includes Gabi Lala
(released 2 a solo album and a live album on
miklataklitim.com , member of Hana+Hasiba, Maaroof &
Yisrael) on groovebox and ALon Ovnat & Ben Yehova on
guitars for a jam session of heavy illbient & dub
rythms over trippy guitar improvisation. shuffle or
latifa punk will DJ indietronica & ambient pop.

entrance is free

Daila / Shlomzion Hamalka 4 / 02-6234233 /
daila at icahd.org

Daila is a project of
The Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions
7 Ben Yehuda street , PO Box 2030, Jerusalem 91020
02-6245560, www.icahd.org, info at icahd.org