[Microsound-announce] RICHARD CHARTIER > 01.06 > news/event/release update... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

richard chartier / LINE chartier at 3particles.com
Thu Jan 5 12:26:44 EST 2006

hello everyone,
first of all happy new year to you. i hope 2006 is a safe, prosperous,
and joyful year for you all.

just back from berlin for the wonderful throbbing gristle live shows
and events and meeting with artists for the upcoming LINE cd+dvd
project CAMERA LUCIDA based on the fascinating installation of the same
name by Dmitry Gelfand and Evelina Domnitch. (and almost getting blown
up by the constant fireworks tossed about on the street in berlin). my
first non performing travel in YEARS.

hope to see some of you at the shows in the UK next week!

cheers,
richard

PS: if anyone is looking for the limited edition EDITION 4cd set....
www.323sound.com has a few ..

- -  RECENT RELEASES  - -

OUT NOW! CD . Retrieval 1-5  [ ERS, The Netherlands ]. 5 works that
were created at my artist residency at the Music Research Centre @ York
University, UK. based on soundfiles and loops of mine from 1990-1993.

OUT NOW!  LIMITED EDITION .  Opening Cocyxx  (by Evelyn Domnitch &
Dmitry Gelfand, sound by Richard Chartier) limited edition
chemi-luminescent artist box and 5.1 audio DVD. EDITION OF 10. created
for die Schachtel  [ Milan, Italy ] for the exhibit of the same name.
available by special order in November. http://www.die-schachtel.com

OUT NOW! LIMITED EDITION PRINT .  S is for ...  limited signed and
numbered edition of 10. created for the traveling photography exhibit
Early Fabricated in Australia. available by special order. 11"x20"
archival ink jet prints on archival uncoated paper.
http://www.3particles.com/print/sisfor.html

OUT NOW!  BOOK . "On the surface of silence: reticence in the music of
Richard Chartier" by Will Montgomery in BLOCKS OF CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE
UNBROKEN CONTINUUM. a really great indepth study of my work. Publisher:
Sound 323. Editors: Brian Marley+Mark Wastell. http://www.sound323.com

OUT NOW! LIMITED EDITION CD . Tracing  [ NVO. Austria ] limited
numbered edition of 300. December 2005  http://www.nonvisualobjects.com

a limited number of some of these & many other releases are available
via the ONLINE STORE http://www.3particles.com/paypal

- - CURRENT EVENTS + FUTURE RELEASES, EVENTS, ETC - -

Garrelfs) [ London, UK ] Jan 12, 2006  http://www.sprawl.org.uk

 > LIVE .   THE SAGE GATESHEAD (with Taylor Deupree + Pan Sonic) [
Newcastle, UK ] Jan 13, 2006

 > LIVE .  FORCED ENTERTAINMENT STUDIO THEATRE, WORKSTATION (with Taylor
Deupree + Blir) [ Sheffield, UK ] Jan 14, 2006

http://www.raster-noton.com

 > LIVE .   OFFF-MEX, Mexico DF (date/venue to be confirmed) March 2006

 > LIVE .   Specification.Fifteen LIVE PREMIERE @ Hirshhorn Museum and
Sculpture Garden. A new live collaborative work with Taylor Deupree
commissioned by the Hirshhorn for the occasion of the Hiroshi Sugimoto
retrospective exhibit.  March 30, 2006

 > CD .   Specification.Fifteen (with Taylor Deupree) Live recording [
LINE, US ] May 2006

 > LIVE .   Observatori (Chessmachine + solo) (date/venue to be
confirmed) May 2006

 > CD . "(sketch for) deletion" on Archiv2  compilation [ Raster-Noton.
Germany ] artists include: Alva.Noto, Byetone, Komet and others. 2006.
http://www.raster-noton.de

 > CD . Placode [ n160, Japan ] This elaborately aluminum packaged cd
compilation curated by Nibo [ LINE/Raster-Noton] will contain the piece
"retrieval#3(for placodes). artists on this compilation: Carsten
Nicolai, Christophe Charles, Frank Bretschneider, Nibo, Byetone,
Richard Chartier, Sachiko.M, Sogar, Steve Roden, Taylor Deupree, and
Otomo Yoshihide. http://www.n160.com. (delayed again) 2006