[Microsound-announce] FWD: [12k.line] 12k news: FEB.14.2006

richard chartier / LINE chartier at 3particles.com
Wed Feb 15 12:03:03 EST 2006

12K NEWSLETTER:

FEB 14. 2006

1. 12k blog up soon
2. taylor deupree "stil." reissue (12k2002)
3. taylor deupree "northern" (12k1037)
4. skoltz kolgen "post_piano 07.05"
5. taylor deupree interview on Bluermutt
6. sébastien roux "songs" (12k1036)
7. asmus tietchens "z-menge" (LINE025)

1. 12K BLOG
for those of you who have noticed, there has been a dead link on the
new 12k web page called "gallery". this was originally going to be a
photo gallery containing images from tours, etc, but it never got off
the ground. recently we've decided it would be more interesting and
informative for Taylor Deupree to keep a semi-regular 12k blog instead.
the blog will consist of behind-the-scenes thoughts and happenings on
the day to day life of running 12k. concert reports, release info,
pictures, delays, problems, disasters, etc. It should be online within
a few days if not sooner. we hope you enjoy it.

2. TAYLOR DEUPREE "STIL." (REISSUE) (12K2002)
due to continued demand for Taylor Deupree's "Stil" cd (2002, 12k), we
will be reissuing a limited, hand-numbered edition of 500 on the 12k
limited series. (packaging similar to the Deupree/Willits "Live in
Japan, 2004" that came out last year). While "Stil." has been available
on the iTunes music store and other MP3 shops there has been a lot of
requests for it to be made available on cd again. Taylor has remastered
the work and it should be available in our online shop some time in
March.

3. TAYLOR DEUPREE "NORTHERN" (12K1037)
the next release on 12k, slated for april, is Taylor Deupree's first
solo full-length cd on 12k since 2002's "Stil." Northern is a very
organic and gentle album inspired by his move to the country in upstate
New York. The album was written during the 20th anniversary of Taylor's
first experiments in electronic music (after the purchase of his first
synthesizer in 1985) and is dedicated to Bryan Charles Strniste with
whom he created a huge catalog of music from 1985-1990. a very personal
album, "Northern" takes Taylor's ideas of stillness into new
territories. this time not in a looping/repetitive sense but in a form
inspired by the stillness and quietude of nature.

4. SKOLTZ_KOLGEN "POST_PIANO 07.05"
this spring will also see the 3rd release on the 12k Limited Series
from Canadian duo Skoltz_Kolgen. during the open call for remixes for
Taylor Deupree and Kenneth Kirschner's Post_Piano Open Remix Project we
received an entire cd of beautiful and spontaneous remixes from
Dominique and Herman (Skoltz_Kolgen). it was very difficult to choose
only one to appear on the ORP MP3 release so we decided to release all
of them as a cd. In keeping with the concept of the project, all the
sounds on the cd were sourced from Kirschner's original piano sketch
for Post_Piano 2 (12k1032). Skoltz_Kolgen have created a remarkably
beautiful work that turns the source-material restriction into an
extremely creative drive.This cd is not to be missed.

5. TAYLOR DEUPREE INTERVIEW ON BLUERMUTT
there is a recent interview with Taylor Deupree at:
http://www.blogyourmind.info/index.php/2006/02/01/
bym_intervista_taylor_deupree
we're sorry, but the interview is only in Italian

6. SEBASTIEN ROUX "SONGS" (12k1036)
just a reminder that the latest cd on 12k, Sébastien Roux's "Songs" is
available now. "Songs" was created with a wide range of acoustic
instruments (for which each track is named) and is an expertly crafted
blend of electronics and live instrumentation from one of the most
talented artists in Paris. (his work at IRCAM is undoubtedly proof of
that.)

7. ASMUS TIETCHENS "Z-MENGE" (LINE025)
Asmus Tietchens continues his Menge series on Line with this latest,
and probably most stunning, contribution. "Z-menge" (sorry, we cannot
find the proper font-character in email to accurately type the title)
is characteristically stark, serene, pure and engaging as only Mr.
Tietchens can create.