[Microsound-announce] RICHARD CHARTIER > 02.06 > news/event/release update...

richard chartier / LINE chartier at 3particles.com
Wed Feb 1 11:24:32 EST 2006

hello to you all...
its another riveting edition of the monthly.. what's going on with
richard chartier email.

some new cds in stock and a resurfaced one... also for all you itunes
lovers.. the rare out of print collaboration SPEC. with taylor deupree
from 1999 is now available online as well as TWO LOCATIONS.

not much else to report expect being busy busy,
happy upcoming valentines day to you all,
richard

- -  RECENT RELEASES  - -

BACK IN STOCK! CD . 3_components  [ Fusebox, US ]. last remaining
copies returned by gallery of this signed /numbered edition of 60
documenting the sound installation of the same name @ Fusebox gallery
in Washington, DC in 2002. these are the last few remaining copies of
this edition. available only through my website now.

OUT NOW! CD . Retrieval 1-5  [ ERS, The Netherlands ]. 5 works that
were created at my artist residency at the Music Research Centre @ York
University, UK. based on soundfiles and loops of mine from 1990-1993.

OUT NOW!  LIMITED EDITION .  Opening Cocyxx  (by Evelyn Domnitch &
Dmitry Gelfand, sound by Richard Chartier) limited edition
chemi-luminescent artist box and 5.1 audio DVD. EDITION OF 10. created
for die Schachtel  [ Milan, Italy ] for the exhibit of the same name.
available by special order in November. http://www.die-schachtel.com

OUT NOW! LIMITED EDITION PRINT .  S is for ...  limited signed and
numbered edition of 10. created for the traveling photography exhibit
Early Fabricated in Australia. available by special order. 11"x20"
archival ink jet prints on archival uncoated paper.
http://www.3particles.com/print/sisfor.html

OUT NOW!  BOOK . "On the surface of silence: reticence in the music of
Richard Chartier" by Will Montgomery in BLOCKS OF CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE
UNBROKEN CONTINUUM. a really great indepth study of my work. Publisher:
Sound 323. Editors: Brian Marley+Mark Wastell. http://www.sound323.com

OUT NOW! LIMITED EDITION CD . Tracing  [ NVO. Austria ] limited
numbered edition of 300. December 2005  http://www.nonvisualobjects.com

ALMOST OUT OF PRINT! CD . Other Materials  [ 3particles. US ].
collection of rare tracks that appeared on compilations between
1999-2001. plus 5 previously unreleased tracks. limited edition of 500.
only 5 copies remain.

a limited number of some of these & other releases are available via
the ONLINE STORE http://www.3particles.com/paypal

- - CURRENT EVENTS + FUTURE RELEASES, EVENTS, ETC - -

http://www.raster-noton.de

 > LIVE .   OFFF-MEX Festival  [ Mexico DF ]  March 4, 2006

 > LIVE .   Specification.Fifteen LIVE PREMIERE @ Hirshhorn Museum and
Sculpture Garden. A new live collaborative work with Taylor Deupree
commissioned by the Hirshhorn for the occasion of the Hiroshi Sugimoto
retrospective exhibit.  March 30, 2006

 > CD .   Specification.Fifteen (with Taylor Deupree) Live recording [
LINE, US ] May 2006

 > LIVE .   Observatori (Chessmachine + solo) (date/venue to be
confirmed) May 2006

 > CD . "(sketch for) deletion" on Archiv2  compilation [ Raster-Noton.
Germany ] artists include: Alva.Noto, Byetone, Komet and others. 2006.
http://www.raster-noton.de

 > CD . Placode [ n160, Japan ] This elaborately aluminum packaged cd
compilation curated by Nibo [ LINE/Raster-Noton] will contain the piece
"retrieval#3(for placodes). artists on this compilation: Carsten
Nicolai, Christophe Charles, Frank Bretschneider, Nibo, Byetone,
Richard Chartier, Sachiko.M, Sogar, Steve Roden, Taylor Deupree, and
Otomo Yoshihide. http://www.n160.com. delayed.... 2006

 > CD . Levels[Inverted]  [ LINE, US ] 2006. stereo documentation based
on the site-specific 6-channel installation of the same name exhibited
at 1515 Arts Building Oct 13-Nov 19, 2005.

 > COLLABORATION .  In the coming months I will begin the anticipated
collaboration with one of my favourite artists, Asmus Tietchens.