[Microsound-announce] Luggage Store presents So Long Flatfoot and Organ of Qwerty this thursday

Matt Davignon mattdavignon at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 27 16:04:33 EST 2006

If you're like me, you probably lament the lack of
live shows for bizarre and beautifully experimental
music between Christmas and New Year's.  At the
Luggage Store, we're inviting So Long Flatfoot and
Organ of Qwerty to play for your end-of-year
reflection. So, if you're back from holidays, in the
Bay Area for the holidays, or don't believe in
holidays, come by, grab a tasty burrito/Vietnamese
food next door, and hear some music!

Thursday, Dec 28 2006 8:00 PM
Luggage Store Gallery New Music Series
1007 Market St. @ 6th Street
San Francsico
$6-10 sliding scale

8pm: So Long Flatfoot
9pm: Organ of Qwerty (John Hanes)

So Long Flatfoot is the
instrumental/experimental/ambient project of Oakland's
Glenn Nelson and Hal 9000. With fuzzed, murky and
beautiful 'songs' featuring looped feedbacky guitar,
tape recordings, and occasionally violin, their music
brings to mind listening to a decaying tape of breakup
songs from the other end of a warehouse.
http://www.geocities.com/solongflatfoot
http://www.purevolume.com/solongflatfoot

Organ of Qwerty is the laptop-improvisation identity
of local drummer John Hanes. In his work, a few notes
from simple sound sources (like violin or bicycle
pump) are molded, reworked, and stretched into
immersive and reflective sound spaces.
http://www.myspace.com/organofqwerty
www.purelovepower.com