[Microsound-announce] Symbiosis Playlist - 6th December 2006 (New sounds)

Simon Hampson mlist at symbiosis.com.au
Tue Dec 12 14:46:12 EST 2006

Symbiosis
Wednesday 10pm - 12am
Melbourne, Australia
102.7 FM Triple R

Streaming live online at: http://www.rrr.org.au/
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/symbiosisradio
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/coishii

with Simon Hampson

A journey through experimental sound textures and rhythms.

Headphones recommended.

I am always looking for new sounds. Drop me an email or give me a call on
the show - I would love to hear from you.

Email: simon at symbiosis.com.au

--

Hi folks,

The usual mix of new sounds to start off the month. An interesting, mixed
bag as always for the latter part of the year. And, as always, there is
still much more to get through between now and the end of the year.

Can you believe it is December already? My little boy is four and a half
months old and he had his first solids this week! How time flies. This year
has been a magical year. I feel truly blessed to be a father to such a
beautiful baby boy.

As well as the feature interview this week I will be showcasing some more
new releases. The following week (20th December), I will be doing my first
ever 'year recap'. It's not a best-of but more of a thank you to all the
people who have supported Symbiosis this year. And a review of the great
sounds that have floated through the mix this year.

Finally, a podcast isn't far off. I have the skeleton of a website completed
and will be launching that before the year is out. It will be features,
highlights and interviews initially. Stay tuned..

Upcoming shows:

13th December 2006: In the first hourŠ Rainer Linz published ten issues of
NMA Magazine between 1982 and 1992. Each issue was accompanied by a cassette
featuring music documented in the magazine. The cassettes covered a wide
variety of experimental, electronic and new music from around Australia.

Over the past year Melbourne label Shame File Music has been digging through
the archives and republishing the cassettes as free MP3s on their website.

Tune in to hear Rainer and Clinton Green talk about Australian experimental
music from the 1980s and their selection of pieces from the cassettes.

And in the second hourŠ a whole host of new sounds.

In the pipeline: 2006 recap

And coming up in the new year: Esa Ruoho (Lackluster), Aidan Baker, Aaron
Ximm, RF

Have a great week,

Simon.

Symbiosis Playlist - 6th December 2006

The monthly new release show.. a selection of the sounds that have been
flying across the Symbiosis desk for the last month or so.

Artist :: Track :: Album/Link :: Label (if applicable)

Inch-time :: take care, o pilgrim (edit) :: As The Moon Draws Water ::
Static Caravan*

Filfla :: backyard :: Frame :: Plop

My Fun :: home tape :: Idyll EP :: Test Tube**

Punck :: a constant migration :: A Constant Migration (between reality and
fiction) :: Creative Sources Recordings

J.P.Shilo :: paris air :: As Happy As Sad Is Blue :: Smells Like Records

Lackluster :: too loose (10/09/01) :: Wrapping :: deFocus

Skream :: tortured soul :: Skream! :: Tempa

Sora :: a very lucky year :: Springs Re:Makes And Mixes Of RF :: Odd Shaped
Case

Microradio :: echo location :: www.microradio.ca

Anthea Caddy & Thembi Soddell :: (track 2) :: Iland :: Cajid Media

Greg Headley :: Mars :: Operation of the Heavens :: 28 Angles

Dax Pierson & Robert Horton :: piece of the sun :: Pablo Feldman Sun Riley
:: Nosordo

Peter McCracken :: boat (excerpt) :: Ictus :: Mushroom Music

Library Tapes :: leaves abstract in a village plunged into mourning (feat.
Colleen) :: Feelings For Something Lost :: Resonant

Jan Jelinek :: happening tone :: Tierbeobachtungen :: Scape

Mystified :: tootus mootus :: Submerged Signals :: Negative Sound
Institute**

Cornelius :: sensuous :: Sensuous :: Warner

Aki Onda :: the buddha in new york :: Jukebox Buddha :: Staubgold

Kenneth Kirschner :: April 17, 2006 :: November.2006 :: Rope Swing Cities**

Hans Appelqvist :: naimamelodin :: Naima :: Hapna

Gescom :: dan, dan, dan :: Minidisc :: Or

Natasha Anderson :: 7/11 :: Spore :: Cajid Media

The Idealist :: to make exact copies of every mistake ever made :: I Am The
Fire :: Nosordo

Carter Tutti :: so slow the knife (excerpt) :: The Feral Vapours Of The
Silver Ether :: www.cartertutti.com *

Monocerous :: warm :: Tales For Silent Nights :: Imaginary Nonexistant
Records

*Taken from The Wire Tapper 16: www.thewire.co.uk

Net Labels
(** signifies that the track is from a net label)

Test Tube: http://www.monocromatica.com/netlabel/
Negative Sound Institute: http://www.negativesoundinstitute.com/
Rope Swing Cities: http://ropeswingcities.com/
Symbiosis - Experimental Sound Textures and Rhythms

Wednesday nights / 10pm - 12am
102.7 FM / www.rrr.org.au
Melbourne / Australia
simon at symbiosis.com.au