[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 16.08.06 & 23.08.06 & 30.08.06

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Thu Aug 31 09:07:38 EDT 2006

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm bst

next broadcast:    06.09.06
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

catching up on several shows this plays - i hope you'll forgive the back-up, caused by a full schedule in the build-up to my departure from estonia and my return to the big smoke.  it was nice to be back in the studio this week, doing my first live show in 4 months, and my first in the new wednesday afternoon slot!  so two regular editions of framework to report on here (the last from estonia and the first from back in london), and one edition of framework:afield, this one produced in vienna, austria by bernhard gal.  since i'm in the vein of asking forgiveness, i will ask forgiveness as well for, just this once, dispensing with my oh-so-poetic track descriptions in the following playlists.  i know you all lap them up, but this will be a long one already, so they will be left by the wayside...

next week will be our next edition of framwork:afield, this one produced in san diego, california by marcos fernandes.  for more information see http://www.marcosfernandes.com.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

16.08.06

(artist  /  title  / album  /  label)

marc behrens  /  framework intro
http://marcbehrens.com

manu holterbach  /  aare am marzilibad  /  aare am marzilibad  /  erewhon
http://radiantslab.com/erewhon

murmer  /  mooste lake floating dock with contact mics
             /  mooste lake dock ladder with contact mics
             /  mooste lake  dock ladder with binaural mics  /  -  /  -
http://murmerings.com

leny puksar  /  track 2
                   /  track 3
                   /  track 4  /  bees  /  -
http://www.lenypuksar.ch

david wells  /  droneworks #9  /  droneworks #9  /  twenty hertz
http://www.davidwells.freeuk.com, http://twentyhertz.co.uk

georgina brett  /  track 7
                      /  track 12  /  -  /  -
http://www.solidsilence.com

artificial memory trace  /  track 3  /  compil for framework  /  -
http://www.artificialmemorytrace.com

georgina brett  /  track 6  /  -  /  -
http://www.solidsilence.com

black saturn  /  birds in the morning  /  -  /  -
http://www.universalsystemofsound.com

georgina brett  /  track 4  /  -  /  -
http://www.solidsilence.com

23.08.06

this edition of framework:afield was curated in vienna, austria by bernhard gal.
for more information see http://www.bernhardgal.com

30.08.06

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

black saturn  /  framework intro
http://www.universalsystemofsound.com

juan matos-capote  /  at the end, happiness will spread  /  -  /  -
jmatoscapote at earthlink.net

jonathan coleclough & tim hill  /  beech  /  infernal proteus (compilation)  /  ajna
http://www.minya98.freeserve.co.uk, http://www.theajnaoffensive.com

miya masaoka  & joan jeanrenaud  /  -  /  for birds, planes & cello  /  solitary b
http://www.miyamasaoka.com

toy bizarre  /  -  /  kdi dctb 122 [f]   /  taalem
http://www.ingeos.org, http://www.taalem.com

valerio tricoli  /  -  /  metaprogramming from within the eye of the storm  /  bowindo
http://www.bowindorecordings.com

mark vernon  /  bricole
                    /  encore
                    /  dictaphone extract 3
                    /  the wrong platform  /  notes on a re-run  /  meagre resource
meagreresource at hotmail.com

phill niblock  /  bells & timps  /  -  /  -
http://www.phillniblock.com

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!