[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 26.07.06 & 02.08.06

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Tue Aug 8 04:50:07 EDT 2006

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm bst

next broadcast:    16.08.06
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

two consecutive editions of framework:afield these past two weeks, to make way for the station maintenance shutdown tomorrow - so no new edition this week.  for our online stream we split the extra week between the two shows, leaving 26.07 up for a few extra days.  so if you've been looking to hear the show from 02.08 online, it's now up and streaming, and will remain available until the 17th.

the 26th featured an edition produced in london by phil julian, of authorised version (http://www.a-version.co.uk), featuring work from the authorised version archives along with a recording of a live performance by dallas simpson at last year's placard headphone festival in london.  and on the 2nd we heard an edition produced in minneapolis by mike hallenbeck (http://www.juniorbirdman.com/archive).   featuring the work of several minnesotan phonographers from the thaw project.  no detailed track lists for these ones, sorry - contact mike or phil directly for more info...

the 16th will be our next normal edition of framework - it's been awhile, so we've got lots of great material building up!  it will also be my last edition produced here in estonia - after a wonderful 3 and a half month stay the time has finally come to move on...

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!