[Microsound-announce] Fwd: Re: eContact! 8.4 (electroacoustic techniques)

CEC jef chippewa jef at econtact.ca
Tue Aug 1 04:51:23 EDT 2006

from the CEC | Canadian Electroacoustic Community

Dear everybody,

In the next issue of eContact! we will be
presenting a number of items under the theme
Educational Resources. The page titled
Electroacoustic Techniques will give concrete
examples of specific techniques or approaches to
electroacoustic composition for the reader via
works found in SONUS, the CEC's online
electroacoustic "Jukebox" of sorts.

http://econtact.ca | http://sonus.ca

Additionally we will list "classic" sources - or
at least fairly widely available sources - where
these various techniques are used. I'm sure you
have mentioned many of these in your lectures!

I invite you to contribute any information you
feel might be relevant to the WORKS AVAILABLE
COMMERCIALLY category.

We are looking for either entire pieces, or
significant excerpts of pieces, which give clear
examples of techniques, processes, compositional
approaches (etc...) listed on a WIKI page I have
set up for the CEC to gather this sort of
information
<http://cecpublic.pbwiki.com/ElectroacousticTechniques>.

We are looking for contributions to the WORKS
AVAILABLE COMMERCIALLY section which are, or
contain:

- "textbook examples", or otherwise particularly clear/perceptible examples
- long but with many variations or permutations of the technique
- preferably at least 30s in length each

submitting examples

Go to the WIKI page listed above, and click on
"edit page", you will be asked to enter the
password: pickledeggs

The information left in the WIKI will be gathered
and formatted in a more efficient manner for use
in eContact!; please format your contributions
exactly as indicated on the WIKI page. I am a
very brutal editor 8^) so keep the descriptive
notes within the prescribed length, otherwise I
cut cut cut!

Any time you have finished entering some
information, click on "Save Page". Make sure you
do this whenever you are NOT actually editing,
otherwise the page becomes "locked", and if I
have to forcefully unlock a page, any edits in
progress will be lost. (Only one person at a time
can edit, so if the page is in use when you
attempt to edit, try again a bit later.)

categories

Clearly ea is not really limited to the
techniques listed in the WIKI: feel free to add
or elaborate categories as you see fit.

Keep in mind that this resource page will be more
efficient the more focussed it remains. Examples
which are too obscure might be removed from the
list, I'm sure you understand that for reasons of
space and efficiency we can't list every possible
example!

deadline

eContact! 8.4 Educational Resources will be made
public mid-August, so it is imperative that I get
this information before Friday August 11.

Make sure to "sign" at the bottom of the WIKI
page, I will list the contributors in eContact!
8.4.

Cheers, many thanks for any contributions you can offer!
Enjoy the summer!
jef chippewa
CEC
--

Communauté électroacoustique canadienne (CEC)
Canadian Electroacoustic Community