[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 30.09.05

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Tue Oct 4 17:53:18 EDT 2005

***framework* broadcasts live every friday (except the first one of each
month) on *resonance104.4fm * in london (uk) or worldwide
on http://www.resonancefm.com between 8:30 and 9:30pm bst, and is
repeated the following wednesday between 11:00am and 12:00 noon bst

http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

next broadcast:* 14.10.05*
**
*~ *time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html
**
**
*RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS;
PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE
TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE
AIR: **HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM* <http://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM>*.  THANK
YOU!*

**
*framework* - phonography/field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

well, after a few weeks of long tracks and sort playlists, we squeezed
quite a few in this time around, largely due to featuring the latest and
last of the *phonography.org* compilation series of untreated field
recordings - the website and mailing list continue, but the and/oar
produced compilation series (having released 9 (!) compilations in the
past few years) has come to an end in its present form.  for more info
on what form future phonography.org projects may take keep an eye on the
website: http://www.phonography.org.

along with the phonography cd, we also heard sounds from *mnortham* on
the new *cloud of statics* label; a debut work from *theodore holdt*,
scheduled to be released in the next year on a division of the same
cloud of statics label; sounds from *ben owen*'s 2004 sound journal; a
collaboative project from san francisco's *robert horton*; and some more
sounds from italy's *punck*.  this all followed another great framework
introduction from one of our regular contributors, *adam wimbush*.

and again, this announcement - *as of our next show, on the 14th of
october, we will be taking up our new time slot of 8-9pm* - just a half
hour earlier than our current slot - so make a note of it!  the
wednesday morning repeat slot will remain where it is now at 11am.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction
submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the
address below.   we are also hoping to have live performances as often
as possible, so if you are in or passing through london please get in
touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com <mailto:framework at talk21.com>

*30.09.05*
**
*this edition will be rebroadcast this wednesday, 05.10.05, at 11:00am bst *
**
*(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)*
**
adam wimbush  /  framework intro
/late night neighbourhood portrait from the window through a long hollow
tube
/ascsoms at yahoo.co.uk <mailto:ascsoms at yahoo.co.uk>

bill thompson  /  hogmanay on the north sea  /  phonography.org 7  /
phonography.org
/beautifully musical interplay of boat horns on the water at new year/
http://www.billthompson.org, http://www.phonography.org

mnortham  /  /track one/ /[beginning] / /  molecular knot phase one  /
cloud of statics
/long organic developments composed in '99 from original sessions with
seth nehil
/http://www.preg.org/~mnortham <http://www.preg.org/%7Emnortham>,
http://www.cloudmirror.org

mark griswold  /  bermuda dawn  /  phonography.org 7  /  phonography.org
/peeping frogs and insects for your alarm clock
/http://www.phonography.org

omnid  /  shov v1  /  phonography.org 7  /  phonography.org
/frozen shovel scrapings chilling your bones
/http://www.phonography.org

the buddy system & kurt newman  /  travelling  /  -  /  -
/journeying sounds from in between places/
http://www.notenuf.net

jen boyd  /  a trail of ants on a thorny plant  /  phonography.org 7  /
phonography.org
/contact mic cracklings as they scream and shout/
http://www.phonography.org

ben owen  /  /track one / / / /january_snow falling on contact mic
excerpt  /  -
/and a smooth transition to more icy roughness from another
phonography.org member/
http://www.seasonalbk.net, http://www.seasonalbk.net/2004soundjournal.html

theodore holdt  /  /track one/  /  na  /  -
/maximal sounds of sonic detritus and layers upon layers of deep spaces
/http://www.wildskil.com/
/
thomas beck  /  rain on metal  /  phonography.org 7  /  phonography.org
/echoing hollows of the collision of natural and manmade
/http://www.phonography.org

the attemptations  /  track five  /  building a hole /  hoal records
/heavily manipulated organic sounds from this robert horton collaboration/
roberth at lanset.com, http://www.hoalrecords.com

punck  /  adriatico lisergico  /  nowhere campfire tapes  /
ctrl+alt+canc & afe records
/lo-fi rumbling and scraping from the italian curators of ctrl+alt+canc
/http://www.ctrlaltcanc.tk, http://aferecords.com/
/
dale lloyd  /  mt. st. helens locusts  /  phonography.org 7  /
phonography.org
/more minimal insectual sounds, clicking and clacking in communication/
http://www.phonography.org

mnortham  /  /track one [ending]/  /  molecular knot phase one  /  cloud
of statics
/the quieter final stages of one of tonight's opening tracks
/http://www.preg.org/~mnortham <http://www.preg.org/%7Emnortham>,
http://www.cloudmirror.org/
/
j.frede  /  july 4, 2003, at night in hobbs, slow tin rattle  /
phonography.org 7  /  phonography.org
/rumbling alternative to standard july 4th soundscapes to close out
tonight's show/
http://www.phonography.org

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your
choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:
**
*welcome to framework.*
**
*framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in
composition.*
*field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears
and listen!*

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish
speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an
mp3 via email

thanks!