[Microsound-announce] RICHARD CHARTIER > 06.05 > news/event/release update + new limited edition!

richard chartier / LINE chartier at 3particles.com
Tue May 31 15:17:29 EDT 2005

hello everyone,

well its been a dramatic few days. back from madrid (from a great show
and great time in spain).
while i was there my laptop's screen had problems.. and well... i had
to buy a new laptop when i got home.
don't you hate when that happens. : (

-  the EDITION 4 CD set is now sold out from 3particles. but i believe
12k.com has just a few copies left.

-  for my madrid performance and mutek, i have created a new recording
as a special limited edition of 40 titled "a field for recordings"
http://www.3particles.com/reviews/afieldforrecordings.html

-  for a brief interview and live performance extract (and snazzy
portrait) from the show in Paris at the Maison de Radio France please
visit.
http://www.ina.fr/grm/radio/web/WebRadio_V_2.5_content.html  (click on
reportages de concerts)

thats all for now....
hope to see you all at mutek,
i will have special LINE buttons to give out... : )

richard

- -  CURRENT + UPCOMING EVENTS - -

LIVE .  Museé d'Art Contemporain / MUTEK performance in a sound
reactive video installation by Skoltz_Kolgen [ Montreal, Canada ] June
1, 2005  http://www.mutek.ca

OUT NOW  > CD .  "Tempt (live ending, Transmediale 2003 Berlin)" on
MUTEK compilation  [ Mutek_Rec, Canada ] This 2CD compilation of all of
the artists from the upcoming MUTEK festival will have a very loud,
very aggressive 8 minute live piece which was the end of my performance
at Transmediale 2003 in Berlin which took many people by surprise.
well... i was drunk and had to compete with Akufen in the main room....
wouldn't you get noisey? enjoy... this work was also recently
reworked/performed in part at the DECIBEL festival last year in
Seattle. JUNE 1, 2005

OUT NOW > LINE TSHIRT . LINE 5 Years Tshirt. edition of 100.
(LINE_ED03). silkscreened grey ink on white 100% cotton Fine Jersey
TShirt by American Apparel. based on the ink specification colors for
each of the LINE editions since 2000 and the site menu design. design:
Richard Chartier. sizes: S, M, L, XL.
http://www.12k.com/line/lineed03.htm

OUT SOON > 2CD .  Re'post'post-fabricated  [ DSP Recordings, Italy ]
This 2CD project will have the reformed/remastered Post-Fabricated CD
(originally issued on CDR on Dutch label Microwave in 1999 as an
edition of 222). I was never happy with the sound quality of the final
master due to the engineer and my analog recording limitations at the
time. This is an odd recording for me, which you could say is my most
"pop" release in its quirky rhythmic elements. The second CD is
remixes/reworkings from the original files by Frank Bretschneider, COH,
Taylor Deupree, Freiband, Goem, Alva Noto, Byetone, Sogar, SND, Asmus
Tietchens, Vend, Matmos, Steve Roden, and myself.
http://www.dsprecs.com. also there will be two extra MP3 of mixes by
Taylor Deupree and Goem not on the cd that will be available on the DSP
website. JUNE  2005

- -  RECENT RELEASES AVAILABLE ON 3PARTICLES.COM PAYPAL SITE - -

OUT NOW! LIMITED EDITION OF 40. A FIELD FOR RECORDINGS.1 (3particles06)
INFO: 1 color reverse printing on translucent vellum stock in plastic
sleeve. This first release in a series of limited edition works is made
with site recordings utilized for a performance at SculptureCenter in
New York on March 6, 2004. Where as most of my past work has been
intended for isolated headphone listening this 16:36 piece is intended
for listening with environmental/incidental noise to create endless
possible overlays and experiences. if you order by june 1 they will be
sent out on june 1. later orders will be sent out on june 7.

a limited number of copies of these & other releases are available via
the ONLINE STORE http://www.3particles.com/paypal

- - FUTURE RELEASES, EVENTS, ETC - -

 > LP + CD . Retrieval 1-2 + Retrieval 1-5  [ ERS, The Netherlands ].
This will be two works that were created at my artist residency at the
Music Research Centre @ York University, UK. based on soundfiles and
loops of mine from 1990-1993.  the CD will include an extended
reworking of "Retrieval 3" + 2 additional retrieval pieces.
http://radiantslab.com/ers  DELAYED 2005.

 > CD .  35 Mutant Seconds: based on Rafael Toral´s Creamy Burst.  [
Grain of Sound, Portugal ] features reworks using a Toral guitar piece
from 1991 as source material. My piece was selected from a series of 3
improvisations. other artists include: Pita, Fonica, Sawako, John
Kannenberg, Stapletape and Allto. DELAYED 2005.
http://www.grainofsound.com

 > BOOK . "On the surface of silence: reticence in the music of Richard
Chartier" by Will Montgomery in BLOCKS OF CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE
UNBROKEN CONTINUUM. a really great indepth study of my work. Publisher:
Sound 323. Editors: Brian Marley+Mark Wastell. DELAYED SUMMER 2005.

 > CD . Placode [ n160, Japan ] This elaborately aluminum packaged cd
compilation curated by Nibo [ LINE/Raster-Noton] will contain the piece
"retrieval#3(for placodes). artists on this compilation: Carsten
Nicolai, Christophe Charles, Frank Bretschneider, Nibo, Byetone,
Richard Chartier, Sachiko.M, Sogar, Steve Roden, Taylor Deupree, and
Otomo Yoshihide. http://www.n160.com. DELAYED 2005

 > EXHIBIT.  Leeraum  group sound installation @ PROGR-Zentrum für
Kulturproduktion ( 5.1 surround sound installation ) [ Bern,
Switzerland ] August 2005  http://www.progr.ch

http://www.batie.ch

 > EXHIBIT + LIVE .  Of Surfaces2  @ PROGR-Zentrum für Kulturproduktion
( 5.1 surround sound installation ) [ Bern, Switzerland ] September
2005 http://www.progr.ch

 > EXHIBIT .  Opening Cocyxx  @ die Schachtel ( 5.1 surroung sound and
chemi-luminescent installation with Evelina Domnitch & Dmitry Gelfand)
[ Milan, Italy ] October 2005

 > CD . Incidence  [ Raster-Noton. Germany ] Fall 2005

 > CD . TBA  [ NVO. Austria ] Fall 2005

 > CD . Mort Aux Vaches with Taylor Deupree [ VPRO, Amsterdam ] 2005.

 > OTHER POTENTIAL UPCOMING PERFORMANCES . Portland, Munich, Dresden (as
CHESSMACHINE)