[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 13.05.05

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Tue May 17 18:20:37 EDT 2005

framework broadcasts live every friday (except the first one of each month) on resonance104.4fm  in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com between 8:30 and 9:30pm bst, and is repeated the following wednesday between 11:00am and 12:00 noon bst

next live broadcast: 20.05.05
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

new sounds this week from many old favorites: a new cd by keith berry on crouton music, as well as a great double cd collaboration on antifrost between marc behrens and nicolaus heyduck entitled plastic | metal, each disc composed entirely from sounds produced by one of those two materials.  we were also lucky enough to receive a new disc of unreleased recordings from jeph jerman (we'll hear more from that disc in the coming weeks), the most recent outing from philip jeck (including a framework-appropriate turntable-hum track!) and new works, released and un-, from the dutch composer boca raton.

it's somewhat late now, but, as we mentioned on the air, if you're in london you have one more day to catch an interesting exhibition of sound installations entitled me and my shadow, featuring work by chris watson in collaboration with thor mcintyre-burnie, duncan whitley, loretta bosence and liz haven.  it's at wilton's music hall in london's east end, and tomorrow's the last day.  the exhibit closes at 7pm, but there is a closing performance at 8pm by janek schaefer and philip jeck - not to be missed!  for more information see the organiser's website at http://www.measure.org.uk, and click on me and my shadow at the bottom,

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.   we are also hoping to have live performances as often as possible, so if you are in or passing through london please get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

13.05.05
this edition will be rebroadcast this wednesday, 18.05.05, at 11:00am bst

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

steve thomas & marie-anne mcquay  /  framework intro
another intro brought to us by the folks at fact, this time in a palmhouse in a liverpool park
http://www.fact.co.uk

behrens & heyduck  /  -  /  plastic | metal  /  antifrost
an opening metallic track of ringing silences
http://www.marcbehrens.com, http://www.antifrost.gr

keith berry  /  cars keep passing by...  /  the ear that was sold to a fish  /  crouton
high tones, organic drones and watery field recordings
http://www.inbetweensilence.com, http://www.croutonmusic.com

boca raton  /  -  /  mansdoof  /  absurd
jittery composition of organic staticy textures
boca at stichtingmixer.nl

behrens & heyduck  /  -
                                 -  /  plastic | metal  /  antifrost
two untitled tracks, one each from plastic (do i hear bubble wrap?) and a mellower tonal soundscape from metal
http://www.marcbehrens.com, http://www.antifrost.gr

jeph jerman  /  abandoned power line  /  -  /  -
unreleased long wire recording, reminiscent of alan lamb's classic telegraph wires
http://www.kaon.org/jeph_jerman, http://www.davidstanford.com/jerman
keith berry  /  fuscous presages don't help...  /  the ear that was sold to a fish  /  crouton

boca raton  /  botanics  /  -  /  -
metallic manipulated birdsong and natural landscapes
boca at stichtingmixer.nl

philip jeck  /  bush hum  /  7  /  touch
composed entirely from the sounds of the mechanism of one of jeck's bush turntables
http://www.philipjeck.com, http://www.touchmusic.org

behrens & heyduck  /  -  /  plastic | metal  /  antifrost
a final material composition, full of crunch and crackle
http://www.marcbehrens.com, http://www.antifrost.gr

boca raton  /  -  /  mansdoof  /  absurd
and a melancholic tonal outing from this dutch artist to finish things off
boca at stichtingmixer.nl

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!