[Microsound-announce] Praemedia News for May 2005

Praemedia praemedia at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 14:02:24 EDT 2005

Hello all.

Yes, we are still alive.

IN THE SHOP - http://shop.praemedia.com

We have lots of new things in the shop you shoulf
check out. We have added the and/Oar label, with works
by Dale Lloyd, John Hudak and Sawako. We have also
added the Atak label from Japan, festuring works by
Goem, Stilluppsteypa, Keiichiro Shibuya, Yuji
Takahashi and Slipped Disk. We also have in Miroque's
"Siro Coccon" and "Zurezura 2" by F.L.Y. on 360
Records, Tetuzi Akiyama's "Route 13 to the Gates of
Hell: Live in Tokyo" and "The Harmless Dust" by David
Grubbs and Nikos Veliotis on Headz, "Quartet" by
Veliotis/Sugimoto/Kinoshita/Unami on Hibari, and in
our OTHER section, we have Matt Davignon's "Bwoo",
"Six Fuchs" by Wolfgang Fuchs and company, "Novo
Navigato" by the Abstractions as well as the various
artists collections "Magical Super Asia", "Il
Programma Di Religione" amd "Voices in the
Wilderness". Check it all out at
http://shop.praemedia.com

AND LIVE

Lots of Western U.S. shows coming up by friends and
family of Praemedia. Are you ready? Here they come;

1.Wednesday, May 25
Other Minds presents:
The Other Minds Festival presents a monthly showcase
at the Hemlock
Tavern on the last Wednesday of each month.
http://www.otherminds.org/
Tonight! Chris Willits and Bevin Blectum!
Hemlock Tavern, San Francisco
http://www.hemlocktavern.com/prog_guide.php?adate_id=2005-05-25
9pm, $TBA

2. DAT POLITICS and SAGAN tour the WESt COAST!
http://skippnews.blogspot.com/
http://www.ski-pp.com
http://www.skippmarketselect.com)

2a. JIFFY-SCUTTLER presents:
SPIFFY BUTLER!
with:
Dat Politics (tigerbeat6, ski-pp, chicks on speed
records) **from
France!
Phthalo (planet mu, phthalo)  ** from L.A.
Printed Circuit (tigerbeat6, catmobile records, 555)
** from UK!
Sagan (vague terrain)
and DJ Ryan P
Saturday, May 28th 2005
at the Rickshaw Stop, San Francisco
Doors 8:00, Show 9:00
cover: $8
http://jiffyscuttler.praemedia.com/
http://www.printed-circuit.net
http://sagan.LSR1.com
http://www.ski-pp.com
http://www.planet-mu.com

2b. Monday, May 30 2005
Dat Politics!
Eats Tapes!
Blevin Blectum!
Wobbly!
21 Grand
located at 416 26th Street at Broadway in Oakland (NEW
LOCATION!)
http://www.21grand.org
8PM, $6

2c.Tuesday, May 31 2005
Dat Politics!
Phthalo!
Sagan!
Knitting Factory, LA   7021 Hollywood Blvd. Suite 209
Hollywood , CA 90028
http://www.knittingfactory.com
7:30 PM, $8

2d. Wednesday, June 1 2005
Out Hud!
Tussle!
Dat Politics!
Sagan!
Casbah, San Diego
http://www.casbahmusic.com/
$10

3. Matthew Sperry Memorial Concert series - more
deatils TBA
all at 21 Grand located at 416 26th Street at Broadway
in Oakland (NEW LOCATION!)

3a. Saturday, June 4
Experimental music titan Anthony Braxton turns 60. To
celebrate, the
sixty-member Triaxium West Large Ensemble under the
direction of John
Shiurba and Gino Robair, will perform works spanning
the four decades of Braxton's career, including many
rarities.

3b. Sunday, June 5
Matthew's friends pay him tribute with music from many
small groups,
culminating with a performance by OrcheSperry.

3c. Monday, June 6
An evening of live electronic performances curated by
Lance Grabmiller,featuring:
1. Phase Chancellor (M.C. Schmidt from Matmos with
Nate Boyce from Men Against Mountains and J. Lesser
from Sagan)
2. John Bischoff
3. Kenneth Atchley
4. Matt Davignon and Lance Grabmiller duet

3d. Tuesday, June 7
Johannes Bergmark and Friends
Swedish musician and inventor, Johannes Bergmark,
performs on a variety of unusual instruments with
local improvisers.

OK, that is all. Thanks for reading this far. More
soon.

cheers.

Lance Grabmiller
www.praemedia.com