[Microsound-announce] New Reviews and events on Furthernoise.org

Roger Mills roger at eartrumpet.org
Sat Jun 25 13:17:08 EDT 2005

New Reviews and events on Furthernoise

New on Furthernoise this month resident Mark Mclaren features the net
label Conv looking into the creative commons future and recent releases
from Kazumichi Grime, Heribert Friedl, Henrik Olsson & Anders Dahl as
well as passing his earlobe over Scanners new work commissioned by the
EU, Europa 25. The review also features an interview with Scanner about
the making of the piece and his experience of working for the EU.

We are joined again by Keyop' s Andrew Palmer who waxes lyrical,
genuflecting on Foetus's Jim Thurwells recent release Manorexia and
Mark Francombe takes over on net contributions featuring releases  from
Devico in the US & Santiago based sound crafters Chiste. Roland from
Poland twins cities from Bristol & Hanover with his impressions of
Bristol's Rob Dean and Hanover experimentalists Medusa and writer &
poet Jerry Jigger opines on Icky Whitenail's obsessional  music poetry
in the Ink Blot Sudarium.  Alex Young flags up Meri Von KleinSmids
release Ex Vivo from Mimeograph Recordings while new guest reviewer
David del la Haye takes us through London City Universities student
sonic art compilation Sonicities.

New York's prog jazzers Zs top the list of new music this month with
their EP Karate Bump and we have a fresh new mp3 selection featuring
music and sounds from a host of international artists. We also feature
a streamed mp3 of February's Visitors Studio's multi continental net
jam on Resonance FM featuring Midori Hirano , John Kannenberg & Mark
Francombe.

http://www.furthernoise.org