[Microsound-announce] jyrk releases

roberth roberth at lanset.com
Tue Jun 21 19:15:49 EDT 2005

Message: 13
   Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:31:57 -0700 (PDT)
   From: peter at pacifier.com
Subject: JYRK NEWS June 2005

New Stuff...  Followed by an update on JYRK/YS news:

Inca Ore CDR (edition of 100 copies)

Eva is a frequent collaborator with YS..  She's been our roadie and
occasional lead vocalist...  She sang in Alarmist and Malibu Falcon.  Inca
Ore is Eva alone.

When faced the difficulty of finding creative collaborators in a new
place, Eva resorted to teaching herself to use a borrowed four track, to
play instruments and to arrange.

Eva and I have burnt copies of this CD for many folks and have received
nothing but enthusiasm..  Christina Carter wrote this about Inca Ore:
"magical life, independent and interdependent, called into being with
personal messages of dizzying strong-sweet voicescapes...sounds of hills
and valleys, blue-green vegetation, mind/body space opened free
flowing...seamless explorations of beauty, warmth, goodness, and euphoria."

Extinct 3" CDR (edition of 50)

We received an anonymous package containing this recording along with an
image and a note.

"The three pieces in this suite were created by processing live radio
coverage of the 2004 presidential election using computer music software.
While to some extent, the use of political media materials as source
sounds in a work of radical music could be considered pat or outmoded,
there was value in this endeavor.  The transformative properties of
digital signal processing allowed me to uncover the "choral" component
inherent in news broadcasts: the anchors form a choir of voices singing in
unison, complicit amongst themselves to the authorship whose script they
are doomed to read from.  The Agency of the newsanchor is limited, or
submissive to government and capital, or both.

I had concerns that simply processing my radio was not a truly radical
platform.  That being said, it is an attempt to tear away the fabric of
appearances, and some kind of momentary relief was derived from the
process.  If you don't find this recording sonically or politically
persuasive, try using a simple audio processing tool to dissect the media
you absorb.  You might be more edified by trying the process first-hand."

GOD "we are going to make love for a thousand years" CDR (edition of 75,
co-released with Rasbluitto)

We're always fascinated by GOD.  The last time they were in the bay, I
went for a walk with Bryan.  He said that he wouldn't ever edit any of his
recordings.  If they weren't solid from start to finish, the didn't
deserve to be released.

Shortly after that conversation, Bryan asked if we knew any way to put 90
minutes onto a CD..  Since I'm a frequent CDR shopper, I knew that we
could pick up 99  minute CDRs here and there..  so...  This is that
release.  One track, 90 minutes long.  It's GOD's meticulous electronic
improv in it's most eternal form.  If you were wondering....  It IS
perfect from start to finish.  Glacial movements.

Future Ears "Free Jazz Copy? noise" CDR (edition of 50)

Robert Horton is a REALLY interesting dude.  He put out CDRs on Foxy
Digitalis and has worked a bit with Lucky Kitchen (FUCK YEAH!)..  He leads
anti-racist groups...  Spends time in a yurt in the middle of nowhere
jamming noise and free music of the ages..  He's like the older
step-brother or nutty uncle that JYRK has never had (well, I've got an
uncle that wanted to give me guns when I was 12 or so, but that's a whole
different kind of crazy)...

Robert approached me one day with these new recordings he had made that
were "too noisy and weird for most labels" and he was looking for a home
for it..  I was happy to check it out and was totally baffled straight out
the gate...  I mean, the cover looks like Albert Ayler, Eddie Iron Maiden
and several giant ghost ears are involved in a supernova.  The music is
something else all together..  There's TONS of processed drumming..  Lots
of jazz sounds...  Drones....  noise..  smoke....  mirrors.......  I dunno
man..  Robert bows a freaking BOOT on this thing.

Think Sonny Murray in an underwater cave during the 7-year cicada season.

All CDRs are $5 ppd and $4 wholesale

Update:

It's been awhile since the last JYRK/YS update..  We haven't been sleeping
for the last 100 years..  Things are incubating..  YS has been SUPER busy
planning FOUR upcoming tours and trying to finish up our next studio
album...  OOOOOOF..

YS has a 7" on Deathbomb Arc (deathbombarc.com) come out a little while
ago and we've got an LP reissue of the Against Sleep and Nightmare CDR on
Weird Forest (weirdforest.com) coming out soon too..

JYRK's been busy too..  Got a few longer term projects dropping soonish..
One being the first CD release on JYRK.  It's a CD by GOD called
"Anti-Sex, Anti-Wiretapping."  It's being co-released with Gameboy, Little
Enjoyer and Rasbluitto.  We're also going to have a one-sided 12" edition
of the Silentist "Nightengales" EP on Celestial Gang.

JYRK is also planning a few new CDR releases before we head out on the
road..  Most likely we'll have a CDR reissue of the YS/Skaters split
cassette that will be a split release with New Age Tapes.  Hopefully a
YS/Grey Daturas collab CDR or two as well...  Also been talking to some
new "acts" like In Flux, Sixxxxxxxes and maybe Gerritt for CDRs.....

Please free OPC and Chuck Bettis.

Free sound for the revolution.

JYRK

email pete at jyrk.com for ordering details