[Microsound-announce] dekorder in june

marc m at dekorder.com
Thu Jun 9 17:53:52 EDT 2005

finally a newsletter after so many months of silence. it's becoming
quite difficult to communicate with the  outside world while managing
a daytime job, record label, making music, design, etc. - no private
life here, it seems (but that is not true either). so this newsletter
will be more or less a brainstorm of ideas, recent happenings and
future plans - no structure to be found here (and no correct englsih
language either).

- the latest addition to the dekorder family is guido moebius from
berlin. his klangkrieg album "klisten" has been one of my (and many
other people's) favourite albums of 2004 (even though it was released
earlier) so i'm very happy to release his new album "dishoek" around
october of this year. it's even better than the first, promise! if
you haven't heard "klisten" yet (and you should) check out mp3's here:
http://www.klangkrieg-produktionen.de/mp3/mp3_neu/guido_mobius/Guido%20Moebius_Keit.mp3
http://www.klangkrieg-produktionen.de/mp3/mp3_neu/guido_mobius/Guido-Moebius_Nachtschicht.mp3

- recent releases on dekorder have been the 2nd part of hafler trio
10"s after the sold out "the birds must be eliminated" 10". it's
titled "the water has no hair to hold on to", pressed on clear vinyl,
mastered by loop-o of dubplates&mastering, printed in gold and almost
sold out already.

then came the new pxp cd "nada" by oswald berthold of farmers manual
(mego). quite a controversial record with very different reviews
either saying it's a work of genius or complete rubbish. that's the
way we like it here, i guess. you can check out the mp3 on the
dekorder website if you want to make up your own opinion (and i'm
leaning very much towards the first opinion, i have to stress).

and last week two new 3"cd's arrived by our man from copenhagen voks
and un caddie renverse dans l'herbe. both easily the best works by
the artists and among my favourite releases of the year (honest).
more infos and mp3's on the dekorder website in the next few days (or
today, even).

- john hegre's "band" jazzkammmer (with lasse marhaug) just returned
from touring japan, the us and south america. the entire japan tour
(of jazkamer, that is) is now available for download here:
http://teks.no/lasse_marhaug/

one day there will be a john hegre cd and a collaboration with maja
ratkje on dekorder. currently i'm trying to edit down 5 hours of
recordings from singapore by hegre, alexander rishaug and jorgen
traen for a cd release but that might take a while.

- i have finally finished the black to comm album. yes, that is my
own music and it will be a special moment (for myself at least) when
my debut album is coming out. i have sent it to henner dondorf for
the mastering process and he's doing a fantastic job. i have uploaded
a track that he has slightly mastered already here:
http://www.blacktocomm.org/mp3/ginger.mp3

- i am sending the new album by tu m' "just one night" to the
pressing plant this week so i'll have copies for sale very soon.
official release date will be september. i think it's their best
album so far and quite different from previous releases. excellent
mixture of acoustic instruments and digital processing. if you don't
know what i'm talking about listen to the new wire magazine cd or go
here:
http://www.tu-m.com

- oh yes, guido moebius publishing company autopilot has a showcase
(so-called) at sonar on the 17th with live appearances of guido
himself, f.s.blumm (morr/staubgold) and vert (sonig)

- and on other live news, here's the current hafler trio usa tour schedule:

21 august - washington dc, warehouse theater:
http://www.warehousetheater.com/

22 august - new york, ny - not confirmed

23 august - boston, ma - ICA - working on confirming
now

26 august - chicago, il - empty bottle:
http://www.emptybottle.com/home.php

27 august - milwaukee, wi - todd warner theater

30 august - san francisco, ca - great american music
hall: http://www.musichallsf.com/

2 september - portland, or: the old church confirmed

3 september - seattle, wa - working on it, not
confirmed

more to be added as it comes available.

----

i'm sure i forgot lots of things so there might be more news very soon.

best,
marc
http://www.dekorfder.com