[Microsound-announce] End of July Update: New release, new labels in shop, new new new

(1.8)sec.records chrisbryan78 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 11:40:19 EDT 2005

Hello Microsounders,

Hope everyone is having a good summer.  Lots of storms here in
Winnipeg.  I've been working to much, but had a great vacation in
Montreal for Mutek.  Had fun playing Le Placard, and Askaa.

This is the first update in quite a while.

::RECENT RELEASES::
more info found @ ------>   www.1pt8.tk
press release for (1.8)sec003 @ bottom of page.

Artist: dieb13 // Tomas Korber // Jason Kahn
Title: Zirkadia
Cat.#: (1.8)sec003
Edition: 500
Release Date: Jul. 2005
Format: CD
Total Length: 48:07:63

Artist: Domenico Sciajno and Kim Cascone
Title: A Book of Standard Equinoxes
Cat.#: (1.8)sec002
Edition: 500
Release Date: Mar. 2005
Format: CD
Total Length: 60+min

::NEW TITLES IN ONLINE SHOP::

and/OAR:
JOHN HUDAK Sand Or Stars
DALE LLOYD Semper

SIRR:
JGRZINICH insular regions
v/a Untitled Songs
v/a noli me legere - to maurice blanchot
JASON KAHN miramar
STEVE RODEN speak no more about the leaves
CARLOS ZINGARO / VOICECRACK ba kagjpa
PAULO RAPOSO / CARLOS SANTOS insula dulcamara
TOSHIYA TSUNODA o respirar da paisagem
v/a sul: dedicated to chris marker
MARC BEHRENS integração
ZBIGNIEW KARKOWSKI / ANTIMATTER function generator

I dropped the price a little on Trente Oiseaux due to the Euro and CAD
getting closer together.

Soon I'll be carrying dsp, dekorder, and TOYS FROM STRANGECO.
(what?!?! Toys?????)

::New Web Page::

I've been updating the web page.  Less JPG heavy....  Please stand by.....

Added www.3x3is9.tk  Nothing much there yet, but it will be the home
of my artistic activities.

best,
chris

dieb13 > laptop > Austria
Tomas Korber > guitar, electronics > Switzerland
Jason Kahn > laptop > Switzerland

The 2nd CD release on (1.8)sec.records is a live to hard disk
collaboration between 3 artists very comfortable with improvisation
and live recordings.  8 trax that present a variety of textures and
subtleties always keeping a continues momentum and sense of style.
This recording will appeal to those who are interested in improvised
music as well as digital minimalism.

==

*Dieb 13*
Born in 1973. School and various studies in Vienna. Since the late 80's
he has worked continuously in rendering cassette players, vinyls, cd's
and harddisks into instruments.
Solo appearances as Dieb13, Dieb14, Takeshi Fumimoto, Bot, Echelon,
Dieter Bohlen, etc.
Collaborations with many famous musicians ;-)
Distributed by Amoebic, Antifrost, Charhizma, Doc, Durian, Erstwhile,
For4Ears, Grob, Hathut, Mego, OFR, pilot.fm, Rhiz, Staalplaat and
Transacoustic Research.
Music for theater- and videoproductions and installations.
Dieter Kovacic is a conscientious copyright-objector and lives in

Vienna
Fünfhaus.

http://dieb13.klingt.org

==

*Tomas Korber*
Born 1979 in Zurich. Korber has written various compositions and played
improvised music since
the early 90ties. He has worked solo and collaborated with the likes of
Günter Müller, Norbert Möslang, Otomo Yoshihide, Lê Quan Ninh,

Toshimaru
Nakamura, Stephan Wittwer, Jason Kahn, Thomas Ankersmit, Dimitri de

Perrot,
Dieb13, Butch Morris, Alessandro Bosetti, Hans Koch, Sachiko M,

Christian
Weber, Keith Rowe, Christian Wolfarth, Kazuya Ishigami, Lionel

Marchetti,
Trixa Arnold, Andrea Parkins, ErikM, Steinbrüchel and many others.
He also composes music for theater- and film-productions (i.e. under

the
direction of Franz Dängeli, Kaspar Kasics, Fredi Murer, Stefan Haupt

and
others).

http://www.tomaskorber.com/

==

*Jason Kahn*
Grew up in the United States and moved to Europe in 1990.
He performs both solo and together with musicians like Dieb 13,
Steinbrüchel, Kim Cascone, John Hudak, Steve Roden, Brandon Labelle,
Günter Müller, Kevin Drumm and Toshimaru Nakamura.
He has given concerts in Japan, Europe, Australia, North and South
America, Turkey, Israel and Russia.
Various solo and collaborative recordings released on Cut, the label he
started in 1997, as well as Sirr, For4Ears, Brombron, Rossbin,
Antifrost, Domizil and Crouton.
He has exhibited several sound installations in North and South America
and Europe.
Kahn lives in Zürich, Switzerland.

http://jasonkahn.net

==