[Microsound-announce] Pedestrian Culture

Glenn Bach gbach at csulb.edu
Thu Jul 14 18:57:23 EDT 2005

Not exactly microsound, but I know there are some of you out there who
may be interested in this:

"Walk, Observe, Reflect, Report."  With that motto, The Center for the
Study of Pedestrian Culture seeks to promote the act of walking and the
creative research and activities that result.  The Center's website
(http://www.pedestrianculture.com) is an online portal of resources on
walking-related cultural and creative activities, with bibliography,
links, articles and interviews, and various walking-based creative
projects. There is also a section, "Data," where place-based information
is available for downloading/remixing/seeding under a Creative Commons
license.

The website, still a work-in-progress, will grow and develop as we add
new participants and contributors.  Perhaps a collaborative wiki might
emerge down the road.  Until then, I will review contributions of
projects, bibliographic entries, artist statements, manifestos, reviews,
and other content.

I would like to invite you to join the Pedestrian Culture listserv
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pedestrianculture) to engage in
discussion about walking and related topics: place, landscape studies,
mapping, psychogeography, soundwalks, field recording, sound art,
acoustic ecology, soundscapes, history of walking, flaneur culture,
walking in literature and the arts, locative media, urban studies, New
Urbanism, walkable communities, pedestrian safety, street photography,
placeblogs, etc.

Please visit the links below, and I hope to see you at Pedestrian Culture.

Thanks,

Glenn Bach
gbach at csulb.edu

Website: http://www.pedestrianculture.com