[Microsound-announce] Orphan Sounds update

jeff gburek tsazmaniac at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 04:47:29 EDT 2005

Hello all. I am doing well and making new pieces. Soon
I will go to Amsterdam for a residency at STEIM. There
are not too many concerts just now but we start up
again in September: France (including a performance in
the chapel where Antonin Artaud, ironically enough,
took catholic services in Rodez), Spain, Denmark,
Berlin etc. But this summer pause allows me to bring
the record label ORPHAN SOUND up to date. I actually
have 5 new releases. The titles are a follows.

REALISM AND THE REVOLUTION IN RECORDED SOUND:
turntables, microcassettes, macerated guitars, looped
mixing board and damaged sound card by Jeff Gburek.
(This will also be released in a remastered version by
Lee Kwang Goh in September, as well a split CD (Jeff
Gburek/Lee Kawng Goh) of my extremely raw "Akustik
Guitar" recorded this past June here in Kreuzberg).

ENTLARVUNG: materials and score for realization of
non-conclusive sound environment: sine waves + signal
processing by Jeff Gburek. 2 CDR set with explanatory
notes. (Some of you may have the 2-channel mix-down
version of this. I have since decided that it is more
of a squash than a real mix, so I am issuing it in a
manner that allows for its full reception in 4
channels, not as a "commercial" CD but as sound files
for realization of an installation using common
playback devices. Please let me know if you have
questions about that.)

STUNG BY HEURTEBISE: sound mirrors, electric guitars +
laptop processsing by Heurtebise

MYOPIA: THE SECRET BOXCARS OF PUBESCENCE: live
performance DVD by Djalma Primordials Science: unsound
body by Ephia and sound by Jeff Gburek from live
performance, Amsterdam 2004

PHYSICAL ADDRESS: field recordings, object resonance,
guitars + electronic and digital treatments by Jeff
Gburek with contributions of prepared speaker feedback
by Anders Dahl

To round the update, Kyle Bruckmann was just in Berlin
and our live set was well recorded and it will be
likely that we release something culled from our live
sets over the last two years of episodically
collaborating. ZYGOMA (Michael Vorfeld, perc. &
Michael Walz, sampling + me)
has recorded at Audio Cue and if/when all trio members
are simultaneously in Berlin, we are editing and
mastering toward eventual release. Djalma Primordial
Science is making semi-daily spontaneous appearances
in Berlin underground as part of the "PHYSICAL
ADDRESS" process. Djalma Primordial Science will be in
NYC in November and we hope also to go to Boston, any
lead-ins there appreciated. Check website for details:
www.djalma.com

And that is nuff said for now. Bis Stan

Jeff Gburek