[Microsound-announce] [:] p l u g u p d a t e [:]

Jorge Bachmann justino at anihilo.com
Fri Aug 19 17:50:38 EDT 2005

[08:18]
[plugupdates]

[how to listen]
all the listening rooms through le placard's network
are streamed through their server. to listen to the
online stream, follow the directions on le placard's
FAQ page: http://www.leplacard.org/faq.html

[when you arrive]
please come to the [:] p l u g [:] table to let us
know you are in the building, collect your badge for
drink tickets, a program, and let us know of any
technical changes/needs you may have including your
visuals. if you are not going to make it to the
warehouse in time for your set, please call
415.200.6976 and let us know as soon as you can.

[mutating]
the program is constantly changing, so please be sure
to visit http://www.leplacard.org/2005/plug/ for the
most up-to-date schedule.

[drinking]
due to financial and time constraints, we have decided
against brewing large quantities of beer, however we
will supply a decent amount for meager contributions.
performers will receive drink tickets when they check
in at the front table.

[transportation]
a bus route map and schedule have been added to the
website. the #9 bus runs all day and night. see the
map page on the [:] p l u g [:] site for times.

[acoustics]
yes, we are staying away from live drumkits.
acoustic instruments: strings/guitars/accordians, etc.
we will mic. if you have your own mics, mixer, please
bring them with you. the closer to plug&play you can
be, the easier it is for everyone. you will have
exactly 30 minutes to set up your gear + 30 minutes to
perform [the fader will switch to the next performer
automatically after 30:00 minutes] + 30 minutes to
break down.

[volunteers]
when you're not performing, can you help us?
we need people to assist/cover breaks for:
-a/v technicians
-sound engineers
-technical assistants
-coordinating assistants
-bar help
-door help

[merch tables]
again, there is a shortage of folding tables for
merch, so if you would like to set up a table, please
bring one with you.

[smoking]
is still ok. yay.

all this and more is on the [:] page of the website
for your reference, including a brief tech spec to
clear up any questions you might have: continuing
updates will be posted as we test the amps being
assembled -:- technical advice is always welcome:
call the solder party @ 415.642.4330 after 8pm.

ok,
more very soon,
thanks for listening...
it helps everyone avoid nervous breakdowns.

[:] p l u g [:] a global headphone festival
http://www.deletist.info

[ deleting the elite since 2003 ]

justino
aka jorge bachmann				sculpture-photography-sound
P.O.Box 15953
San Francisco, CA 94115-0953
M-415-706-9629					http://anihilo.com
W-415-750-3517					http://ruidobello.org