[Microsound-announce] Symbiosis Playlist - 31/7/05 (Taalem Records)

Simon Hampson simon at symbiosis.com.au
Sun Aug 7 07:13:59 EDT 2005

Symbiosis - Experimental Sound Textures and Rhythms
[Headphones recommended]

12am - 2am Sunday nights
102.7 FM, Melbourne, Australia
Listen online: http://www.rrr.org.au/symbiosis/

Time Zone Converter: http://worldtimeserver.com/
Work out what time the show airs for you here:
http://tinyurl.com/cjb8g

Symbiosis
c/o Triple R
PO Box 2145
Brunswick East 3057
Victoria
Australia

info at symbiosis.com.au

presented by Simon Hampson

-------show highlights----------------------

7th August: Zen Paradox (Steve Law) has a new album out through EEM
(http://eem.i2pi.com/), 'Numinosum'. Steve will be having a chat as well as
performing live.

14th August: The August label feature takes a look at Brisbane-based Room40.
Lawrence English celebrates 5 years of releases and events under the Room40
banner this year . With a slew of releases hitting the shelves in 2005 it is
a fitting time to look at one of Australia's best labels.

In the pipeline: Christopher DeLaurenti, Xing Wu Records, Sirr.ecords

Hi everyone,

Only 2 weeks until I go overseas! It's hard for me to believe it. I finally
got some nice binaurals so I hope to get a few good recordings whilst I am
on holiday. Picked up a few Retinascan releases and sent Greg Davis an order
for some more of his 'Leaves' series (Lawrence English, my guest next week,
and UK artist Dallas Simpson have been included recently) so these will be
coming up on the show.

Speaking of new releases, thanks for all the recent cds. I am writing
reviews again and working on a website for Symbiosis so keep them coming!

The return of the label feature on last week's show had a good reaction.
Thank you to Jean-Marc from Taalem for all his help. The August feature will
take place on next week's show because of my holiday. Two in 3 weeks!

Next week the lens turns to Brisbane label, Room40. So much has happened for
the label in 2005; for example, Tujiko Noriko is playing shows around the
country to celebrate her new cd on the label. Check the website for more
details: www.room40.org

Back to tonight though.. Steve Law joins me to chat about his new cd under
the name Zen Paradox on EEM. Steve's performance on Symbiosis was a
highlight last year. It will be interesting to hear a performance along the
melodic lines of this release.

A reminder that I will be away from 21st August until 18th September
(inclusive). Radiothon is happening from 19th until 28th August so please
show your love and support for Triple R at this time. We are volunteer
based, and we are not government funded. We rely on listeners like
yourselves to be heard! Check out the website for more details about
subscribing and remember to call my gracious fill-ins, Mark
(http://www.synrecords.com/) or Pat (http://www.bus117.com/), on 21st & 28th
to pledge your support.

cheers,

Simon.
**Please note the new Brunswick address above**

 -------Playlist-----------------------------

Show Date: 31/7/05

31st July: The monthly label feature returns with a look at Taalem Records,
a burn-to-order CDR label from Paris, France. Comments from the label's
founder Jean-Marc Boucher accompany this 2 hour special. For more info:
http://www.taalem.com

Artist :: Track :: Album :: Label

(all tracks from Taalem Records or Kokeshidisk, release number indicated)

Desaccord Majeur :: l'espace poisson et l'espace ocean :: La Neuvieme Heure
:: Taalem 5

Nimh :: part 3 :: Lanna Memories :: Taalem 7

Internal Fusion :: enheguenham :: Nedenbahe :: Taalem 3

Akifumi Nakajima :: (excerpt) :: Water 1990 :: Kokeshidisk 2

Lecanora :: oxy :: Krack :: Taalem 4

James P. Keeler :: untitled 4 :: 5 Shades For A Grey Room :: Taalem 8

No Xivic :: (excerpt) :: I Do Blame You :: Taalem 17

Andrea Marutti :: pi kappa :: Traces 94-95 :: Taalem 1

Liquid Sphere :: the omniscent rulers court :: Hypocracy :: Taalem 6

i:Wound :: skarzshiva :: Triptych 2: Skarz :: Taalem 2

Arc :: 13.2 :: 13th :: Taalem 10

Yannick Dauby :: mlil (1ere partie) :: Chant De Dune :: Taalem 12

Raumerkundung :: flug 4 :: Flug 4-5-6 :: Taalem 11

Kristian Olsson :: (excerpt) :: Laudanum :: Taalem 14

Chaos As Shelter :: (excerpt) :: Message :: Taalem 9

Tidal :: (excerpt) :: Silent Knife Speaks :: Taalem 13

Aidan Baker :: 3 :: The Taste of Summer On Your Skin :: Taalem 15

Edward Ruchalski :: (excerpt) :: Refined Localities Part One :: Taalem 16

Ellende :: our disagreements :: Bitter Lemons :: Taalem 18

Matthieu Ruhlmann :: (excerpt) :: Somne :: Taalem 19

Aube :: preparatifs :: Pole Nord :: Taalem 21

Dronaement :: fuer mur :: Fuer Mur :: Taalem 20

Kar :: (excerpt) :: Sfrigor :: Taalem 22

Daniel Menche :: (excerpt) :: Scather :: Taalem 23

Nullkommajosefh :: peninsula :: Infidel Part 2 :: Taalem 24

Pholde :: from a place of concealment :: In The Subset Of All Elements ::
Taalem 25

Internal Fusion :: no patnomen :: Atona Ton Tona :: Kokeshidisk 1

Compest :: (excerpt) :: Benu :: Taalem 26

Sechres Mound :: (excerpt) :: D2 740m440 :: Kokeshidisk 3 *upcoming release
- Oct 2005*

Tarkatak :: (excerpt) :: (As Yet Untitled) :: Taalem 27 *upcoming release -
Oct 2005*