[Microsound-announce] RICHARD CHARTIER > 04.05 > news/event/release update ..

richard chartier / LINE chartier at 3particles.com
Tue Apr 5 18:41:39 EDT 2005

hello to everyone,
well 34 feels just like 33.

hope spring has finally sprung!
and the sunshine comes back soon.

- -  CURRENT + UPCOMING EVENTS - -

LIVE .  @ La Casa Encendida [ Madrid, Spain ] May 26, 2005
http://www.lacasaencendida.com
DESIGN BOOK . Two Point Two CD design is featured in Brooklyn: New
Style, Booth-Clibborn Editions, UK 2005
LIVE . Montreal June 2005 ( to be confirmed )

- -  RECENT RELEASES AVAILABLE ON 3PARTICLES.COM PAYPAL SITE - -

http://www.3particles.com/chessmachine

 > AVAILABLE NOW . CD . Edition [ LINE, US ] special limited edition
packaging 4 CD set entitled Edition. Edition is a collection of the 4
critically acclaimed full length LINE cd releases: Series from 2000
(LINE_001), Of Surfaces from 2002 (LINE_008), Two Locations from 2003
(LINE_013), and the brand new live recording Set or Performance
(LINE_018). special re-packaging release is strictly limited to 100
signed and numbered units. This cd will only be available through the
12k/LINE website store, 3particles.com, and my live shows. very few
left.

 > AVAILABLE NOW. 12". (1.8)sec.comp  [ (1.8)sec.records, Canada ]
Includes tracks by Richard Chartier, Tim Hecker, Mitchell Akiyama,
Duul_Drv, Taylor Deupree, Kim Cascone, 3x3is9, Roel Meelkop each track
ends with a lock groove. numbered edition of 500 on white vinyl. only 2
left.

 > AVAILABLE NOW . CD .  Kapotte Muziek by Richard Chartier & Boca
Raton. Korm Plastics. ongoing series using Kapotte Muziek concert as
source material

a limited number of copies of these & other releases are available via
the ONLINE STORE http://www.3particles.com/paypal

- - FUTURE RELEASES, EVENTS, ETC - -

 > 2CD .  Re'post'post-fabricated  [ DSP Recordings, Italy ] This 2CD
project will have the reformed/remastered Post-Fabricated CD
(originally issued on CDR on Dutch label Microwave in 1999 as an
edition of 222). I was never happy with the sound quality of the final
master due to the engineer and my analog recording limitations at the
time. This is an odd recording for me, which you could say is my most
"pop" release in its quirky rhythmic elements. The second CD is
remixes/reworkings from the original files by Frank Bretschneider, COH,
Taylor Deupree, Freiband, Goem, Alva Noto, Byetone, Sogar, SND, Asmus
Tietchens, Vend, Matmos, Steve Roden, and myself.
http://www.dsprecs.com. also there will be two extra MP3 of mixes by
Taylor Deupree and Goem not on the cd that will be available on the DSP
website. MAY 2005

 > CD .  35 Mutant Seconds: based on Rafael Toral´s Creamy Burst.  [
Grain of Sound, Portugal ] features reworks using a Toral guitar piece
from 1991 as source material. My piece was selected from a series of 3
improvisations. other artists include: Pita, Fonica, Sawako, John
Kannenberg, Stapletape and Allto. delayed MAY 2005.
http://www.grainofsound.com

 > LP + CD . Retrieval 1-2 + Retrieval 1-5  [ ERS, The Netherlands ].
This will be two works that were created at my artist residency at the
Music Research Centre @ York University, UK. based on soundfiles and
loops of mine from 1990-1993.  the CD will include an extended
reworking of "Retrieval 3" + 2 additional retrieval pieces.
http://radiantslab.com/ers  SPRING 2005.

 > CD . Placode [ n160, Japan ] This elaborately aluminum packaged cd
compilation curated by Nibo [ LINE/Raster-Noton] will contain the piece
"retrieval#3(for placodes). artists on this compilation: Carsten
Nicolai, Christophe Charles, Frank Bretschneider, Nibo, Byetone,
Richard Chartier, Sachiko.M, Sogar, Steve Roden, Taylor Deupree, and
Otomo Yoshihide. http://www.n160.com. DELAYED 2005

 > CD . Incidence  [ Raster-Noton. Germany ] Summer 2005

 > EXHIBIT + LIVE .  Leeraum  group sound installation @ PROGR-Zentrum
für Kulturproduktion ( 5.1 surround sound installation ) [ Bern,
Switzerland ] Fall 2005  http://www.progr.ch

 > EXHIBIT .  Opening Cocyxx  @ die Schachtel ( 5.1 surroung sound and
chemi-luminescent installation with Evelina Domnitch & Dmitry Gelfand)
[ Milan, Italy ] Fall 2005

 > EXHIBIT + LIVE .  Of Surfaces2  @ PROGR-Zentrum für Kulturproduktion
( 5.1 surround sound installation ) [ Bern, Switzerland ] Fall 2005
http://www.progr.ch

 > CD . Mort Aux Vaches with Taylor Deupree [ VPRO, Amsterdam ] 2005.

 > BOOK . "On the surface of silence: reticence in the music of Richard
Chartier" by Will Montgomery in BLOCKS OF CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE
UNBROKEN CONTINUUM. a really great indepth study of my work. Publisher:
Sound 323. Editors: Brian Marley+Mark Wastell. DELAYED SPRING 2005.