[JPhonk] kids at practices

johnny js0000 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 14:40:01 EDT 2017

On 10/30/17 14:26, Marie Ghitman via JPhonk wrote:
> Is everyone ok with saying that
> all are welcome as long as they are relatively quiet - ie don't
> interfere with practice?

hmmm ... how do we decide if they are interfering? what if different
members have different ideas about what constitutes interfering?

and, let's say we all agree that they are interfering- what then?

kids run around and make noise by being kids. nothing wrong with that.
but if we are actually trying to rehearse as a band, it might mean
playing the same stuff over and over again- talking things out, and
doing other things that tax the patience of band members to say nothing
about kids ...

i'm happy to discuss further. but if it's up to me (it's not) i'd like
to say kids are fine when we're at stony but not when we're inside.

this is another version of the "are we a community band issue" ...