[JPhonk] about email 'etiquette'

Dan Codiga dan.codiga at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 18:05:43 EDT 2017

These are all very good points Kirk! For folks without access to
email/gig-o etc, I'm unsure what to suggest-- other than trying to be
more aware that getting information out by word of mouth at rehearsals
is important (not assuming everybody is getting info electronically).

Important: I will not be policing anybody's emails, and I won't let
anybody else either! That was not at all the idea of my sending this
out. I certainly don't want anybody to send emails less, for fear of
breaking some strange new code of etiquette... I just wanted to get
folks thinking about this stuff a little bit.

--

Anyway, yes I too enjoy the way gmail automagically makes quoted text
"disappear", or at least puts it all behind a little note that you have

I guess deleting quoted text is mainly important when you have a whole
lot of quoted text, so much so that when expanded it really isn't
legible (one letter wide on each line, etc).

I use gmail on my phone but Thunderbird on my PC and the latter doesn't
do the auto-hide thing.

--

And the one topic per message idea is also a gray area. I think the key
is that if we're talking about  open questions on which lots of people