[JPhonk] Fwd: A different type of performance opportunity at BCM

Cathleen Finn cathleenfinn at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 16:21:46 EDT 2017

I have a process suggestion and comments.

Process - virtual taking stick:
Could we post a Gigo with the details of the engagement and request comments on whether or not people think it is in our mission. Then people can weigh in with their availability and then use the comments feature as our taking stick each person saying what they think and that we’ll make a determination that way.

Comments:
I work with nonprofits as a big part of my day job.
The current Children’s Museum president is an artist by training who has done things like opening the children’s museum for free to any family with a SNAP card - ie food stamps - and that ticked off some of our other cultural institutions who were shamed into offering similar access to our financially disenfranchised neighbors.

Another thought is whether we risk overexposure although the idea of being someone’s house band is flattering.

If we had more clarity on how we would use money raised through gigs it might be easier to make this decision.

Regards,
Cathleen
Please excuse brevity or any typographical errors as this note is being sent from my iPhone