[codecraft] codecraft chat

Philip Durbin philipdurbin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 21:20:44 EDT 2018

Ok. The other thought I had is that we could create a GitHub organization.
That way, we could have a place to keep some code if we want to. For
example, I've been thinking I'd use https://github.com/minrk/archive-gitter
or a variant thereof for data liberation of the Gitter messages and while
we're at it, it might be nice to preserve the archives of
http://or8.net/pipermail/codecraft/ as well.

I've been playing around a bit with the Gitter code (I even got a tiny pull
request merged:
https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitter/webapp/blob/develop/CHANGELOG.md#19180-2018-9-5
) and it's highly oriented toward GitHub. So we could create a GitHub
organization. "codecraft" is already taken on GitHub (I guess we should
have grabbed it over three years ago when we started this mailing list).
What would be a good name for a GitHub organization? codecraft-club? I'm
open to ideas here as well. Once we have a GitHub organization, the chat
could be called anything on the Gitter side. I think the default might be
"lobby" or something.

Another thought is that we could create a Gitter channel as a GitHub repo
under one of our github usernames. It could be
https://github.com/michbarsinai/codecraft or
https://github.com/pdurbin/codecraft or whatever. This repo could be where
we keep any code as well. And we could all fork it so there are multiple
copies so it's distributed.