[codecraft] Scala is the new golden child | TechCrunch

Michael Bar-Sinai mich.barsinai at icloud.com
Thu Jun 16 05:39:26 EDT 2016

Nice write-up. Somewhat starry-eyed ("... modern functional programming, the most powerful programming paradigm in general-purpose distributed data analysis" - what's with the "most"?! can't people just say "powerful", or completely drop these adjectives? "most" needs a proof).

That said, I've also noticed the same effect when telling people I use Scala. It might be interesting to check what stereotypes are associated with each language.